RS Pro-197 on SALE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
Hmm - I remember when the regular price was $399 and sales were sometimes $70 off, and maybe even $100 off. I guess those were the "good ole days".

FPOWLD

Got mine a few months ago for $324.99. I think it was a 3 or 4 days sale. Haven't seen it that cheap since.

quarterwave

Probably means they are going to discontinue it or are running out since GRE is out of production and are just closing it out so they can focus on Uniden. As soon as GRE has issues RS raised their prices.

Starting to act like the oil companies.

RadioDaze

They probably raised the prices in order to stretch out their inventory. Once they're gone, they're gone, and RS's priority might be to appear to offer a broad product line, rather than just sell them out as fast as possible. It will be interesting to see if they offer more competitive pricing on Uniden, if/when the GRE's become history.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Thats if you can find one at a RS store. Just talked to a manager at a store here and he said hes been out of the digitals for 3+ weeks and unable to get any more in.My county switched to P25 on Dec. 12 and people cleaned all the stores out here. the warehouse imho must be nearly out or are out?

Course I just looked at availability of all the digitals in the stores in my area online and it claims they all have them? Yeah rrrr ...ight !

Last edited:

Jakemcgraw

Also consider its related scanner, the gre psr-600. Ham Radio Outlet has been selling them for $ 369.99 + shipped free, and you also get the programming cable included with the 600. Last i checked a few days ago, they were close to sold out at most of their 12 stores they have. I purchased a psr-500 from them for $ 359.99 a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.