Missouri Incidents and Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmaSkinflint

Premium Subscriber
Building explosion and fire in KCMO on the Plaza, at JJ's restaurant. It's a gas explosion. 3 people are still not accounted for. ATF is also on the scene. Can't listen to live audio feed though as the feed has been down for about a week.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I will sticky this thread until we add the incident and breaking news sub forum at the top

Take care:cool:

kctek

The little snow storm we have coming into the city should qualify for breaking news. One station is now reporting up to 20" just outside the metro area, this should make for an entertaining evening.

mgolden2

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ZTE-Z990 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Anyone have any good storm stories last night? Largest recorded wind gust or sustained winds, largest hail sizes, etc? Coukd be more fun coming tomorrow (Tuesday) night!

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I was out all night. There was some heavy rain bands. Lots of hydroplaning on 435. The wind gust on the South side of the city was maybe 10 to 15 mph. Around 02:00hrs the winds picked up while the cool front came in and shortly died back down. Did not see any hail. Had a couple good lightening strikes. Overall, at least it wasn't snowing.

scannerowner

Tornado Watch for the Following Counties in MO:

Audrain, Barry, Barton, Bates, Benton, Boone, Buchanan, Caldwell, Callaway, Camden, Carroll, Cass, Cedar, Chariton, Christian, Clay, Clinton, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dade, Dallas, Douglas, Franklin, Gasconade, Greene, Henry, Hickory, Howard, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Johnson, Laclede, Lafayette, Lawrence, Lincoln, Linn, Livingston, Macon, Maries, Marion, McDonald, Miller, Moniteau, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Newton, Osage, Pettis, Phelps, Pike, Platte, Polk, Pulaski, Ralls, Randolph, Ray, Saline, Shelby, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Louis, Stone, Taney, Vernon, Warren, Washington, Webster, Wright.

It expires at 2200 (10PM) local time.

Probabilities:

2 or more tornadoes 60%
1 or more strong tornadoes 40%
Wind 10 or more 40%
Strong wind >65 knots 10%
10 or more severe hail events 30%
1 or more hailstone > 2" 30%
Probability of 6 or more combined severe hail/wind events 80%

Everyone be very weather aware this afternoon and evening! Combined with the numerous rounds of thunderstorms/severe thunderstorms, there's a chance of flash flooding! Do not drive through water covering the roadway!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I know for a fact that Boone County, MO has a Flood Warning as well as a Tornado Watch as of now.

SCPD

QRT
Columbia Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire this morning around 0830 this morning at 2705 Squire Ct in Columbia. The fire started in the basement. iStatus notes (the CAD system we use here) report that upon arrival to the fire flames and smoke were showing. The fire started in the basement. The fire was extinguished immediately. Columbia fire marshals are on the scene determining the cause, as it is a suspicious fire. Arson investigation ongoing.

SCPD

QRT
BREAKING-- Columbia Police are on the scene of a LARGE disturbance on Eleta Blvd. Highway Patrol and Boone County Sheriff Deputies are en-route to a physical disturbance on Highway 63 SB at Broadway. Reports of two males in the street fighting, and one threw the other into oncoming traffic. --BREAKING

KC0CSE

a need to know?

BREAKING-- Columbia Police are on the scene of a LARGE disturbance on Eleta Blvd. Highway Patrol and Boone County Sheriff Deputies are en-route to a physical disturbance on Highway 63 SB at Broadway. Reports of two males in the street fighting, and one threw the other into oncoming traffic. --BREAKING

ok....do we all need to know this?...this is why dept's go encripted....let's keep it to our self...I will if you will...and yes thank you for what you do as a FireFighter..

Tell it to the Marines...class of 69
1st Marine Air Div

Last edited:

iamhere300

Thanks for your posts - that is exactly what this forum is for, incidents and breaking news. My opinion only, of course.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for your posts - that is exactly what this forum is for, incidents and breaking news. My opinion only, of course.

Thanks man. I try and keep it updated, as I have acces to the CAD system due to firefighting and police work that I do for the city and county. Its not like I am giving names or anything, so I don't see why anyone would care. Maybe the guy ranting was the one in the disturbance.

SCPD

QRT
Breaking News and 911 updates from this morning:

County fire and EMS responded to a rollover accident at Highway 124 W and Route E this morning around 0415. Single car rollover, no injuries upon arrival.

Columbia Fire Department responded to a commercial structure fire at 504 Business Loop 70 at 0800. Upon arrival, L2 assumed command and advised to return all units to service, as it was just a C02 tank venting in the back of the building. L2 cleared the call after about 15 minutes.

There have also been miscellaneous medical calls, but I don't feel the need to put those on this forum, as they are not major incidents.

SCPD

QRT
Columbia, Missouri BREAKING NEWS--

City fire and EMS responded to a residential structure fire at Banks/Sexton Rd. Complainant advised that when she got home from work the back side of the residence was on fire. She doused the fire and put it out before CFD arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.