Ann Arbor Transportation Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
With the rebanding happening in this area, 8Tacxx inter-agency communications capabilities have been installed into the MPSCS radios. 8Tac93 conflicts with an AATA frequency assignment, which shows on the license info link from the database. What does not show in the license info, nor in the database, is what AATA is using this assignment for.

What sort of system is being utilized? I have not heard any radio traffic on 8Tac93 on my scanner, so I cannot provide input.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The AATA currently uses 852.5125 MHz as their primary voice frequency, which is now 8TAC93 in the post rebanding era. According to a few public safety officials, AATA was supposed to have rebanded their radio equipment a week ago, when all of the radios across the county were reprogrammed. This would have allowed Washtenaw County to retune their 800 MHz analog TRS at the same time, since they share key RF infrastructure at the Mercywood tower site. However, the person in charge of AATA's radio system was overwhelmed by all of this, and decided to contract the entire process out to a commercial radio shop, which could take 4-to-6 months to complete the process. Therefore, 8TAC93 should be avoided to cause any harmful RFI conditions during their normal hours of operation.

73's

Ron

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I just looked at my scanner entry for 8Tac93, and had CTCSS selected, so I have turned that off.

Now to see what sorts of traffic I hear.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
It looks like AATA has completed their frequency change. 8Tac93 should be safe to use for operations.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.