• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help me identify this antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

ns7c

Feed Provider
I'm trying to identify the manufacturer and model of this VHF dipole array. It was abandoned by the local PD at our repeater site when they moved to 800MHz. It appears rather broadband when I swept it with the analyzer, and I would like to use it on 2M. I would like to read the specs on it.

-Scott, NS7C

Attachments

• SDC_1106 (Small).JPG
    SDC_1106 (Small).JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,421

SCPD

QRT
Several manufacturers make that sort of antenna.
On the couple we got, there is a well worn sticker telling you make and model.
If you are going to use this, think about swapping out the coax on the antenna.
Those pieces of coax will get lossy after years of being up in the air.
When that happens, the match stays good, but the pattern goes from being off the side to being off the ends. Not the direction you want to radiate.

cabletech

Looks to me like a Decebiel Products 4 bay folded dipole, for VHF and the radiation pattern set for one direction.

By turning the folded bay you can change the pattern.

If you do change the coax on the antenna between each folded bay, you need to be very careful of the length's as it is very intolerent of mismatches in the over all length.

Go to debecial antennas and look up db220 folded dipole.

ns7c

Feed Provider
I thought it was a DB224 at first too, but if you look closely, the dipoles are wider and thicker and the mounting is different. I have looked at DB Products, RFI, ZCG and Comprod. They are all similar, but not this model exactly. And yes, I know about the phasing cables.

-Scott

prcguy

I've seen, used and installed just about every exposed dipole antenna out there and can't say I have ever seen this one. Its not any of the brands mentioned so far, including Sinclair. I would also say its probably not made in the US.
prcguy

cabletech

Ok, did some research in my old liberay last night.

This is a DB Products early DB 200 series 4 bay folded dipole for VHF mad in the mid 80's.

Rated at 400 watts.

If you are going to refurb this antenna, use some thing like the soft scurb pads you use in the kitchen with a little liquard soap to clean the metal and then spray a coat of varnsh in it.

Again, be very careful of the cable.

Good luck.

prcguy

I have several DB Products VHF arrays from the 80s till current and they do not look like what the OP has. The pic of a new A/S version from Wisco could be it. I have older A/S versions that are completely different.

Many antenna companies have been bought and sold in recent years and it could be the newer A/S branded version was another line from Andrew or some smaller player in the commercial antenna business.
prcguy

Ok, did some research in my old liberay last night.

This is a DB Products early DB 200 series 4 bay folded dipole for VHF mad in the mid 80's.

Rated at 400 watts.

If you are going to refurb this antenna, use some thing like the soft scurb pads you use in the kitchen with a little liquard soap to clean the metal and then spray a coat of varnsh in it.

Again, be very careful of the cable.

Good luck.

ns7c

Feed Provider
Thanks guys, it is indeed a ASPB-602. The specs match exactly what I found testing it, and the pictures match as well.

-Scott

WB5ITT

Premium Subscriber
The DB Products design has not changed in decades....only thing they changed was the DB410 to the DB420 where they went from a clamshell clamp to using hose clamps on the dipole elements...their VHF models NEVER looked like that....Kinda figured it was A/S...Sinclair dipoles are close but are farther from the mast and a little thicker...as the antenna is currently mounted, it may be directional in the direction of the dipoles...but the bottom two are too close to the mast for my liking and may throw the pattern off...

Status
Not open for further replies.