CT Incidents Zello

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdscan

For those of you that don't know, Zello is a multi-platform (iOS, Android, PC) virtual radio application, which runs on internet.

I recently had the idea to create a few channels specifically for CT's incidents and disasters/storms, after seeing some from other areas, and now seemed to be the perfect time to do it, with our upcoming storm. That being said, I would recommend joining tonight.

Basically, the idea of the system is for CT residents to share and receive information about significant FD and EMS incidents occurring within the state, as well as disasters and storms (like the one that is supposedly coming tomorrow). As stated in the disclaimer, this is in no way an effective mean of emergency communication, or a mean of communication used by government agencies and emergency services.

The system is thoroughly explained in the below Google Doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qJQoEY82-f5iiK4ZskF4X70pk7XadTK1sh-lE7-IHOo/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks, and PM me with any questions/comments/concerns.

Trinity-Explorations

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
i was also looking to create a computer/radio/roip platform using Zello. I am interested because i run a prepping group and we are looking to implement our radio system into this for wide scale and major incidents.
PM me and maybe we can put something together?

SOUTH300

i was also looking to create a computer/radio/roip platform using Zello. I am interested because i run a prepping group and we are looking to implement our radio system into this for wide scale and major incidents.
PM me and maybe we can put something together?

I have a VHF Repeater/Zello link set up at my Fire Department. It is password protected. We can use Zello from anywhere and TX/RX through our VHF repeater. I use a USB radio link to a mobile radio setup at the FD.

SignaLink USB Interface

Works good.

fdscan

Happy to announce that we have some new members, and this worked out pretty well during the storm!

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
i uploaed the software so how do you konitor the system all i have is an echo test on it-i do not have a 2 way radio involved?/ any help would be appreciated

fdscan

All you need to do is add the following channels: "CT_INCIDENTS_1", "CT_INCIDENTS_TAC", and "CT_INCIDENTS_LP". Info is in the group.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Ready to roll!

Software uploaded, set up ready to run with all 3 channels. No issues to report with Windows 7 Pro. Now, learning to use the system, um, that will take some time! :roll:

Manny

fdscan

Thanks for joining, both of you! I appreciate it!

The system is pretty easy to learn, after the first few days you'll get the hang of it.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
i have it on my iphone and computer i am guessing ill have to get a ic for the computer to talk but at least i have the phone,,now i have to learn how to use the system

fdscan

Yeah for computer you'll need a mic, but for iPhone you're all set. The system is very self explanatory. Any channels you're connected to will act as your "Scan list" because you'll receive all audio from them. To transmit, select a channel from the "recents" or "channels" list and push to talk.

fdscan

Thanks, I appreciate it.

We are still working on getting up and running, I need lots of dispatchers so we can actively be sending out incidents! So far we only have a few.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I appreciate it.

We are still working on getting up and running, I need lots of dispatchers so we can actively be sending out incidents! So far we only have a few.

i sent you an email on your regular email last night,i figured this out to a point i will most likely be using it from my iphone which is with me 24/7-i will do as much as i can with dispatching once i get the hang of it,i hear a lot of stuff in my area,i just have to ge manny and the others on my contact list somehow and then ill be all set.

fdscan

i sent you an email on your regular email last night,i figured this out to a point i will most likely be using it from my iphone which is with me 24/7-i will do as much as i can with dispatching once i get the hang of it,i hear a lot of stuff in my area,i just have to ge manny and the others on my contact list somehow and then ill be all set.

OK. I might put together a universal contact list at some point, but you could do private conversations in Zello as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.