Anybody know where to buy a yellow battery holder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyrocket

I have a pro-164 and I don't have a yellow holder. I know I can convert my black one, but I'd rather not.

Anybody have any leads on a store?

Jakemcgraw

Yes you can go to gre.com,,,i think they are around $ 5.99 each....also scanner master sold them too if they still carry them.

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
where can i buy a yellow battery holder for pro 164

I have one yellow holder that I didn't use. I can sell it to u or I have the pro164 with black yellow and manual for sale along with ac to dc wall wart. for 140.00 with free shipping. to u for 250 I have two pro 164 one yellow two black holder two manuals and wall wart. the yellow holder alone 10.00. I was just layed off from my job on feb 3 2013. so I can use the money also have other scanners for sale radio shack pro 2011 base 20ch vhf uhf no trunking no digital old programmable scanner and two pro107 also. also all types of antennas for handhelds and bases. just let me know what u want here and I will give u my information and how u can pay me thank u.

Nasby

Go to your local Radio Shack and have them order one for you. They will even have it shipped to your house for a reasonable price. You will save money getting it from RS. I think Scannermaster charged like $12.00 to ship the thing!! I recently ordered one from RS and the total (with shipping) was around $7.00.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
I went through this about a year ago for a friend. If you do go to a Radio Shack store make sure it is a Company Store and not a Franchise Store. I had to hit up 3 in the local area before the last one I went to a Company Owned Store let me in on this information. It has something to do with the computer software that the 2 different stores are using. Go figure...

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
I have a pro-164 and I don't have a yellow holder. I know I can convert my black one, but I'd rather not.

Anybody have any leads on a store?

I had this saved from the last one I bought. This info was sent to me by a guy who worked in the store a while back.

Take this information with you to the store. The part can be ordered from the store sales system using the GOLD "RSU" key (Just above "F3") on the store POS. This is in the Company owned stores.

RSU Part Identification Search Results For:Catalog # : 2000525
Description : HANDHELD SCANNER
12228805 HOLDER ASSY FOR RECHG. BTRY'S $5.99

$5.99 + shipping/handling

Michael-SATX

Now for the bad news, that RSU part # 12228805 HOLDER ASSY FOR RECHG. BTRY'S $5.99
is no longer available and does not even show up any longer in RS-RSU parts for any model
of the RS/GRE scanners that used that 4xAA yellow battery holder ~ sorry to report that !

On a side note, the older Pro-92's 6xAA yellow battery holder is still available (while stock lasts).

Nasby

Any of the latest GRE / Radio Shack models with the yellow battery holder such as the PRO 404, PRO-106 and of course the PRO-164 will work.

So try having them order one for any of those models.

I would think they would have plenty of them for the PRO-106.

Michael-SATX

Now for the bad news, that RSU part # 12228805 HOLDER ASSY FOR RECHG. BTRY'S $5.99
is no longer available and does not even show up any longer in RS-RSU parts for any model
of the RS/GRE scanners that used that 4xAA yellow battery holder ~ sorry to report that ! ]

I tried to be clear in my above response, I have checked ALL models that carried that same battery holder
and under all the scanners that RSU # does not even indicate"Out of Stock" it's simply NOT even listed !
Yes, I checked RSU parts for the RS/GRE models: Pro-106, 164, 97, 96, 95, 93. try eBay anyone ??

RSU Part Identification Search Results For:Catalog # : 2000106
Description : DIGITAL TRUNKING HANDHELD SCANNER
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Result Pages: < > 1
RSU # Description Sug. Retail Availability Additional Description Image
MANUAL (CD) SERVICE 20-0106 $5.97 In Stock image
10539476 ANTENNA,RUBBER 15.8CM $10.99 In Stock image
10844603 MANUAL USERS 20-0106 $5.97 In Stock image
11840063 JACK,EARPHONE $3.49 In Stock image
12228714 JACK POWER $3.49 In Stock image
12461919 LCD $19.89 In Stock image
12468989 HARDWARE KIT 20-0106 $4.69 In Stock Screw P
12469003 PCB ASSY LOGIC $226.13 In Stock image
12469029 CASE REAR ASSY $17.69 In Stock image
12469060 KNOB SQUELCH $3.49 In Stock image
12469078 KNOB VOLUME $3.49 In Stock image
Result Pages: < >

ps ~ lQQk mom, no yellow OR black holders are available any longer - sad :(

Last edited:

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
No RSU part numbers can be found on line, they can only be ordered in the store through the POS system and will be shipped to the address of your choice.

Nasby

That's crazy. I live in Ohio and ordered a yellow battery holder for my PRO-106 just 2 weeks ago from the local RS. I was in and out of the store in less than 10 minutes. The holder arrived at my doorstep 3 days later.

Michael-SATX

Doug (KC5EIB) like yourself, I also work for Radio Shack and if I understand you correctly
you are saying that even though neither the RSU 4xAA yellow or black battery trays are showing
available as of yesterday for ANY of the models through our in-store Answers Online screen ....
To just ignore that and log into the POS, enter that once listed RSU #, mark it as "D2U/RSU",
next enter the shipping address, tender it and it should arrive in 3 or more days no worries right ?

The guy above said he got his 2 weeks ago with no problems, however, I had a customer come in
over a month ago and he wanted to order one so I lQQked and that RSU part was not even listed !
Do you suppose that RSU# was pulled from our listings and maybe there somehow still remains
some limited stock on hand for the service dept or guys like you who just want to order one anyway ?

Tell you what, I'll be a sport and play along with this theory and tomorrow first thing when I get to work
I will attempt to order one out of stock and no longer listed RSU Catalog #'s ~ and see if it let's me ?
I actually am short one of these holders and I will post what my own transaction results are tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.