Help setting up new feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0wb0yup

I am trying to setup a new feed for my local fire department. I get an error message when I try to connect to retrieve my feeds inside scannercast. I downloaded the closest thing to net framework 2.0 I could find, all the previous links I found to download it in searches of this forum were broken. This is the one I downloaded:

Download .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Center

Also Here is the details from scannercast:

---------------------------------
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '0 bytes loaded from System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: '0 bytes loaded from System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence securityEvidence)
at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames)
at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GetSerializersFromCache(XmlMapping[] mappings, Type type)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[] mappings, Type type)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientType..ctor(Type type)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol..ctor()
at ScannerCast.RadioReference.RRWsdl..ctor()
at ScannerCast.ScannerCast.RetreiveFeedInfoFromRr()
at ScannerCast.ScannerCast.GetFeedButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3643 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ScannerCast
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.14.10307.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Scannercast/ScannerCast.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3637 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3643 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3639 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Istrib.Sound
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Scannercast/Istrib.Sound.DLL
Istrib.Sound.Mp3
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Scannercast/Istrib.Sound.Mp3.DLL
Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound
Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
CodeBase: file:///C:/Scannercast/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.DLL
Microsoft.DirectX
Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
CodeBase: file:///C:/Scannercast/Microsoft.DirectX.DLL
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Web.Services
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Here are two screenshots from the old computer I am trying to use - one of my computer info, and one of the error message header from scannercast. I am somewhat of a computer novice, but can usually be walked through the correct procedure to fix something. Am I doing anything wrong? Will this computer work with the Scannercast Program? Did i download the wrong version of net framework 2.0?

A little more info: I am using an old Pro 92 with a cord running from the headphone jack to the mic in for this little netbook. I did get my levels right, and it sounds good listening on headphones connected to the computer. So now I just need to get online!

Thanks
Tony

Attachments

• error pic.jpg
    error pic.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 199
  • computer info.jpg
    computer info.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 205

W5JER

Is there a reason your still using Windows XP? This leads me to believe there may be a ton of updates you need such as drivers and OS updates perhaps.

c0wb0yup

Still using XP because i can't dedicate my everyday use computer to set this up. This is an extra computer that can be fully dedicated to putting this feed online. I can start scannercast and it seems to run fine until I try to retrieve my feeds. It is at that point (about 15 seconds after pressing "retrieve feeds" ) that the error occurs. I am running XP with service pack 3.

Last edited:

c0wb0yup

Thanks for the info. I downloaded RadioFeed, and basically the same thing happened with a very similar error message like the one in my first post. I am thinking maybe I got the wrong version of Net Framework maybe. I am doing a system restore on the computer, and will try to reload RadioFeed. It states on the Wiki page that if I don't have the net framework 2.0, it will be downloaded automatically. Will report back here on my findings. In the meantime, if anyone sees anything I need to do different with the info I have posted, please let me know.

Thanks

c0wb0yup

This is an update on my feed situation, in case anyone is searching for a solution to their problem.

I could not get the small netbook to work. It came with Windows XP service pack 3 pre-installed and I had no way to delete it and use SP2. From what I could figure out, the dot net Framework 2.0 will not play nicely with service pack 3 (If I am incorrect, please feel free to let me know). My solution was to pull out another old laptop running XP SP2 and install the dot net Framework 2.0. Scannercast worked the first time it was tried on that computer, and should be running now.

Also I can not find any good links to the dot net framework 2.0 package in this forum, all links I found were dead links. Doing a search on the Microsoft website came up with way too many results for net framework, and I could never find the right one. Thanks to a previous poster, I downloaded the RadioFeed program, which contains a link to get the dot net framework that is necessary. I used that link to get the correct framework, and ultimately decided to use Scannercast (because that seems to be the go-to program for broadcasting live feeds).

As it stands, I am running with the following:

Windows XP laptop, using service pack 2
.Net Framework 2.0
Pro-92
UPS Back Up Battery for computer, scanner, and DSL modem.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.