Problems getting to RR and broadcastify , last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottk

Hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone else noticed any problems, with the sites last night,

When they cornered the cop killer in CA I wanted to go to broadcastify to listen in on whatever, was being said live, but i couldnt even bring up the website, let alone log in,

The message i kept getting, was that others were reporting problems connecting with the sites as well.

Just wondered if we had some attempt by some agency to keep us from listening, LoL, its just wierd that i could connect to any other website in my favorites list except those two, I dont know how long it lasted, because i finally gave up and went to bed. just seemed strange.

bgav

I think this answers your questions. From Fox News (national feed). Would be tough for anything but the biggest of sites to handle that kind of traffic/http requests.

2ebf02f0-7fab-44af-bda6-8aa187782943_zpsedd9d936.jpg

bottk

Thanks bgav, I guess i didnt notice, that at the bottom of the screen, i was kinda doin several things at once , but it all makes sense now, thanks again

russellmaher

KC1ANC
I too had problems with the audio feed. I was listening to the San Bernadino County on RR and then the audio just went silent. I thought it might be the amount of listeners overwhelming the system.

Russell

tmundal

I think it was simply a case of the site being overloaded. At one point there were 30,000 people listening to the one San Bernadino feed, and another almost 10,000 listening to the other one, In addition to all of those listening to other feeds. I couldn't connect to RR or Broadcastify on my computer, but I could still get the feed on my phone. It dropped a few times, but came back.

joekansas

That caption "Audio by Radio Reference" at the bottom of the video capture will probably lead to more calls for encryption~ by those that are leaning in that direction and have money that hasn't been spent yet~ than anything else that us scanner listeners could ever do to bring it on.

They'll say "he coulda been listening in on us the whole time and ......"

Last edited:

oldkatz

broadcastify issues

well not sure about your question, but since broadcastify took over the site, i can listen 15 to 30 minutes at the most and it disconects me, keeps saying there is a power outage.
have to totally close everything, and start all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.