2011 chevy impalla lt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
hey group, i'm getting a 2011 chevy impalla lt, on tuesday, it has the factory councle with the gear shift in the middel, i have a remote mount astro spectra that i'm planning on installing, can anyone provide me with pictures or ideas on how to get this done with little to no drilling??

k3cfc

Silent Key
hey group, i'm getting a 2011 chevy impalla lt, on tuesday, it has the factory councle with the gear shift in the middel, i have a remote mount astro spectra that i'm planning on installing, can anyone provide me with pictures or ideas on how to get this done with little to no drilling??

Velcro + duct tape. no drills,thrills,frills.

73's

K3CFC

W2NJS

I have an APX7500/03 in my Subaru OB and I was glad I had a friend who is a professional installer do the job for me. The cable on your Spectra is a fat one, just like the APX's cable, and hiding/routing it can be a difficult task for an inexperienced person. Unless, that is, you don't mind having the thing show on the rear floor of the car when the job is completed. If you plan to keep the car for a while I think it''s worth the money to do the job right the first time.

fineshot1

...and i want subspace radio capability so i can talk to the enterprise while orbiting Saturn. :)

Seek and ye shall find - a few short minutes using the search feature found those threads below.

http://forums.radioreference.com/pi...0-00-impala-ls-installation-process-pics.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/pictures-your-shack-mobile-setup/260684-2006-impala-install.html

WB4CS

No drilling you say? Wedge the radio between the passenger seat and the console. Run the power cable out the window, through the wheel well to the battery. Duck tape a mag mount antenna to the dashboard and you're good to go!

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but from experience, the best radio installs require drilling and sometimes modification of the car. It sucks, but it's just how it is.

I have a 2012 Impala PPV, which has the colum shifter, so radios were easy to mount. I'm not sure about getting power to the trunk if that's where you're remote mounting, but to get from the front floor to the battery is easy. There's a rubber grommet just behind the center of the dash under the carpet that goes directly to the engine compartment. For easy install of a (drilled) NMO mount, pop the cover off of the dome light and that's where you can drill/mount the antenna.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.