Living On The Border With A Homepatrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugrat5288

I'm about to pull the trigger on a home patrol but have a question. I live in New Hampshire but i'm within 3 miles of the Vermont border. I lived in the town across the border for years so i'm interested in what goes on over there in VT. Will the home patrol tune both VT and NH frequencies if I use my NH zip code and set the distance to say 15 miles and the VT towns fall in the distance range or will it only be NH frequencies in that range? Thank you.

Jakemcgraw

I'm about to pull the trigger on a home patrol but have a question. I live in New Hampshire but i'm within 3 miles of the Vermont border. I lived in the town across the border for years so i'm interested in what goes on over there in VT. Will the home patrol tune both VT and NH frequencies if I use my NH zip code and set the distance to say 15 miles and the VT towns fall in the distance range or will it only be NH frequencies in that range? Thank you.

Yes you will pick up both. Usually several counties around you with the distance set to 15 to 20 miles. I purchased one several weeks back, and its a great scanner,,very good sensitivity.

mainetrunk

I dont have H-P,I got 396xt. Point is, I live on a border as well. Me/N.H...Analog to the left, p25 on the right. Static all around me. If it werent so cold-I'd live on Mt. Washington.Bet thats got good reception

rugrat5288

I dont have H-P,I got 396xt. Point is, I live on a border as well. Me/N.H...Analog to the left, p25 on the right. Static all around me. If it werent so cold-I'd live on Mt. Washington.Bet thats got good reception

I have been to the top of mount washington a couple times. years ago i had a cb radio in my truck and was able to talk to some people a long way away from up there. I don't believe they want you to do that though because of the radio equipment they are using up there. Now that i'm a ham operator i would love to have my own shack up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.