Need some help with RELM RPV3600A

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnmedic

I'm the Fire Chief of a very tiny, isolated, all-volunteer fire department. We just got a bunch of RELM RPV3600A portables by way of donations and I need a little help.

Instead of reposting the same thing here or in other sections of the forums and violating the rules, I will simply link you to my original post. I just didn't know where the best place to post this would be.

http://forums.radioreference.com/1921782-post15.html

I posted there in an already-existing thread because it does discuss this radio.

Any help would be appreciated!

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I could still use some help with this radio and the paging function.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I would like the radio to function like a pager with a couple different channels. Channel 1 would open monitor the frequency and alert. Channel 2 will remain muted until the radio receives the proper 2-Tone set and then unmute the speaker.

Is this possible?

Here's a picture to help you out.. Basically for your "Open" channel, you'll choose "OR" under Signal Comb, and for your "Closed" channel you'll choose "AND".. Just like the picture. Hope this helps you!

Attachments

• RPV3600.jpg
    RPV3600.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 267

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I thought that I already tried that without success but I will try it again! Thanks for the quick reply. I will follow up regardless.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
What do the settings in the "Signaling Feature" and "2-Tone" need to be set to? I have a feeling I might have something not set correctly in here.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I am just not getting it. I can get the radio to activate with the tones but I can't separate channels so that one is open/monitor and the other is closed...

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have 2 of these radios. I can get one radio to work perfectly as I want it. When programming the other radio using the same codeplug and no adjustments the radios will not perform as it is suppose to.

Status
Not open for further replies.