two feeds one PC audio crossing sound cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

static_charge

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:19.0) Gecko/19.0 Firefox/19.0)

I provide 2 feeds and I use 2 sound cards on a single PC. as of late I have been getting complaints of low audio. It turns out that one feed is crossing into the other and it seems to be getting worse.

Has anyone had a problem like this and is the a fix?

static_charge

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:19.0) Gecko/19.0 Firefox/19.0)

Windows XP SP3

I have 2 feeds before on this PC and never had a problem or maybe I did but never noticed.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
OK It sounds like the driver or the audio decoder is not working correctly on the windows side or the encoders for the software is detecting both cards, have you check the settings for the encoders aka the software to stream the audio?

static_charge

No I have not check the encoders. I have added a 3rd sound card and what ever combination I use, I get the same problem. I am going to eliminate the scancaster software and hook some speakers up and see if I get the same thing.

Stay tuned.

static_charge

I turned off both instances of scannercast and connected speakers to each of the 3 sound cards. Through each set of speakers I can hear the input from the other sound cards. it is like the input is merging to all the outputs!

What is going on?

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
It does sound like that the windows os is gettung the streams , messed up, what kind of sound cards are you using, and is it usb or pci cards?

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

I provide 2 feeds and I use 2 sound cards on a single PC. as of late I have been getting complaints of low audio. It turns out that one feed is crossing into the other and it seems to be getting worse.

Has anyone had a problem like this and is the a fix?

It could be a cable issue. Swap cables to see if the low audio moves to the other feed

static_charge

3 different cards, SoundBlaster, Sigtel, and Crystal all PCI.

static_charge

Does it matter if I use a stereo cable verses a mono cable?

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
It can degrade the sound and make tge sound from the scanner sound like a tin can or blank, scanners do have 1/8 pkugs that have outputs
For headphones and need dual channel outputs
Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

motomeso

Premium Subscriber

3 different cards, SoundBlaster, Sigtel, and Crystal all PCI.

Switch to USB sound cards with some isolation transformers and your problems should go away. I'm running 6 sound cards on my machine with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.