Osceola County TRS changes? Any news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I was recently in Osceola and listened in on their system, which I usually do when I'm out there. They encrypt their most important talkgroups but have never previously encrypted their support talkgroups like the civil talkgroup, to name one.,

Over the whole day I heard NOTHING.

Very unusual.

Have they changed over to a new system? There's no new note in the database about any changes.

radioman316

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was recently in Osceola and listened in on their system, which I usually do when I'm out there. They encrypt their most important talkgroups but have never previously encrypted their support talkgroups like the civil talkgroup, to name one.,

Very unusual.

Have they changed over to a new system? There's no new note in the database about any changes.

Elroy, as far as I know they haven't changed anything but let me check a certain web page out and find out for you. I'm on the east side of osceola on the space coast

radioman316

Banned

Very unusual.

YES elroy, everything except public works have been moved to a digital system and all LE agencies are now encrypted.

trooper890

Osceola

316 is right on the money. Changes are in process. What you read is correct, just not all done YET.

Fire in Osceola have moved to the new P25. Yes all agencies.
Law Enforcement moves later this year, join Fire on P25, but encrypted. Anyone surprised?

Then the analog system will go the way of the dodo bird, leaving Seminole the only one left. Their 25 year old system's replacement is coming soon.

Last edited:

james32746

Premium Subscriber
Seminole has completed the new and replacement radio towers and have put the microwave and trunked system antennas on the towers. The only thing left is to put the coax, waveguide, and the conventional antennas where applicable.

Seminole LE and Fire will be the first to switch when it happens in a few months. I assume LE will be encrypted on their system as well.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Are you saying that Fire on the P25 system is encrypted? Will anyone please update the data base.
Thanks Ed

Thefish561

To clear up some confusion. On Feb 19th at 0800 hrs OSCFR switched to the P25 system in the clear. At 0900 Kissimmee Fire switched and in the clear. Following that St Cloud Fire switched and in the clear also. OSCSO along with KPD,SCPD and corrections are in the process of being reprogrammed for their switch the P25 system and will be encrypted excepted the mutual aid channels. All other users will remain on the analog system. At this time the remaining users are not scheduled to move to the P25 system.

radioman316

Banned
316 is right on the money. Changes are in process. What you read is correct, just not all done YET.

Law Enforcement moves later this year, join Fire on P25, but encrypted. Anyone surprised?

Then the analog system will go the way of the dodo bird, leaving Seminole the only one left. Their 25 year old system's replacement is coming soon.

Just a quick reminder, Brevard County is still not P25 and they won't be switching at all. Harris Corp, which makes the radios, just joined Brevard's EDACS system.

The database for Brevard needs to be updated as there is a whole slew of new additions.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber

No surprise there as far as LE encryption goes. Seems like every agency in the Orlando area is/will be going that direction. Hopefully OCSO will still be monitorable (Moto II) by the time we get there for vacation in late April.

A bit off topic...does anyone know if the new P25 SLERS system will be fully encrypted? I have a pretty good idea of what the answer will be, but hey maybe scanner folk who reside in/visit the state will luck out.

Thefish561

From what I was told about a year ago in regards to SLERS P25 was that it was going to remain encrypted. I was told this by someone very involved in the system.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

radioman316

Banned
No surprise there as far as LE encryption goes. Seems like every agency in the Orlando area is/will be going that direction. Hopefully OCSO will still be monitorable (Moto II) by the time we get there for vacation in late April.

A bit off topic...does anyone know if the new P25 SLERS system will be fully encrypted? I have a pretty good idea of what the answer will be, but hey maybe scanner folk who reside in/visit the state will luck out.

I have my doubts that it will remain encrypted. FHP is having problems communcating with several county and city agencies throughout the state, so unless every agency in florida upgrades to a MSWIN like system. SLERS is doomed

Thefish561

How is being encrypted tied to them not being able to communicate with certain counties or citys. Just because the slers is encrypted shouldnt prevent slers users from talking on non encrypted p25 systems. Am I just missing something here

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
2 questions-
1. Harris Corp......."just joined Brevard's EDACS"? How does the company that makes the radios "join" a system?
2. What are the whole slew of new additions?

Just a quick reminder, Brevard County is still not P25 and they won't be switching at all. Harris Corp, which makes the radios, just joined Brevard's EDACS system.

The database for Brevard needs to be updated as there is a whole slew of new additions.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Guys, which P25 system did Osceola switch to? I've checked the database for the County and don't see anything.

waltmapb

Feed Provider
The East Central Florida Scanner website shows these new talkgroups on the Brevard EDACS system:

HARRIS CORPORATION
Hex Decimal AFS Title / Agency
0111 0273 02-021 Harris Corporation - Security
0112 0274 02-022 Harris Corporation - Security Secondary
0113 0275 02-023 Harris Corporation - Maintenance
0114 0276 02-024 Harris Corporation
0117 0279 02-027 EIT? Security

radioman316

Banned
The East Central Florida Scanner website shows these new talkgroups on the Brevard EDACS system:

HARRIS CORPORATION
Hex Decimal AFS Title / Agency
0111 0273 02-021 Harris Corporation - Security
0112 0274 02-022 Harris Corporation - Security Secondary
0113 0275 02-023 Harris Corporation - Maintenance
0114 0276 02-024 Harris Corporation
0117 0279 02-027 EIT? Security

They also added some beach city groups as well as some fire groups and about 10-12 patch groups

Status
Not open for further replies.