Strathmere, Cape May County

Status
Not open for further replies.

camco911

Premium Subscriber
What is Strathmere's dispach freq? Who dispatches them and if and when do they do a pager test?

Thank you!

TAMR213

I am sure some of our South Jersey members can provide much more info then I can, but its a start. Firstly, Strathmere is merely a CDP (Census Designated Place) within Upper Township.

Secondly, a quick look in the RR Database reveals frequencies listed for both Strathmere VFD and Upper Township: Cape May County RR Database

In addition, it seems as if the NJSP patrol Upper Township, so I would assume this includes Strathmere. If any of this information is out of date or incorrect, as I stated earlier I'm sure someone located down that way will be able to help.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
Strathmere

To tell you the truth I have never heard Strathmere on the air. On the county list they are known as Station 9. Ocean City dispatches for Upper Twp (158.94) and for at least the last 3 years Ocean City FD (154.445) has provided both EMS and fire service to Strathmere. I think Upper gives OC $10000.00 a year for fire coverage. EMS is direct billing. OCFD E3 is at 46th St and the bridge is 55th St so they can get there fairly quickly. Until last week when they had two fires almost every call was EMS. OCFD provides a first responder engine on EMS calls along w/EMS. The most frequent call is water rescue when Upper Twp lifeguards are off duty. OCFD remains on the OC freq while operating in Strathmere.

camco911

Premium Subscriber
To tell you the truth I have never heard Strathmere on the air. On the county list they are known as Station 9. Ocean City dispatches for Upper Twp (158.94) and for at least the last 3 years Ocean City FD (154.445) has provided both EMS and fire service to Strathmere. I think Upper gives OC $10000.00 a year for fire coverage. EMS is direct billing. OCFD E3 is at 46th St and the bridge is 55th St so they can get there fairly quickly. Until last week when they had two fires almost every call was EMS. OCFD provides a first responder engine on EMS calls along w/EMS. The most frequent call is water rescue when Upper Twp lifeguards are off duty. OCFD remains on the OC freq while operating in Strathmere.

There was a fire in Strathmere last week Engine 3 and the Deputy went. The Deputy told OC disptch that they were switching over to Strathmere's Freq when they got on scene. I wasn't sure if Strathmere used the Upper Twp freq or not. When is Upper Twp's tone test? 7pm'ish everynight? I forget, it's been a long time!

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
Strathmere

Looking at my notes I show Ocean City ("Central") dispatches Strathmere. Also, I don't see a seperate Strathmere on the OCFD 16 channel radio plan. I do see an Upper channel on the OCFD radio plan.
In any event I will try to pay some attention the next few days during the daily radio test.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Test is done at 1800hrs nightly on 154.3400 dpl 664. THis is there dispatch channel. Going to need to update.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Test is done at 1800hrs nightly on 154.3400 dpl 664. THis is there dispatch channel. Going to need to update.

Listing updated, let me know if anything else needs to be corrected with either frequency.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
For what it worth Strathmere is not a seperate municipality. It is a section of Upper Twp just like Tuckahoe, Marmora, etc are sections. If you look at Upper you will see 154.34 listed. Not sure why Strathmere is listed seperately in the DB.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
For what it worth Strathmere is not a seperate municipality. It is a section of Upper Twp just like Tuckahoe, Marmora, etc are sections. If you look at Upper you will see 154.34 listed. Not sure why Strathmere is listed seperately in the DB.

It's actually not listed as a separate municipality. The Fire Dept itself is listed under Local Fire/EMS, presumably because they have their own frequencies that may not apply to all of Upper Twsp.

The question is, what is the relationship between 154.340 (118.8 PL) "FD/EMS 5" in Upper Twsp compared with 154.340 (664 DPL) "Fire Dispatch" for Strathmere FD? If the PL changed to a DPL in Strathmere, then maybe the listing for Upper is incorrect now. 154.220 (118.8 PL) "FD/EMS 4" could be incorrect as well.

bballdawg84

District 10 (Sea Isle City) used to dispatch fire and ems for District 9 (Strathmere). Over the last two/three summers I believe Ocean City has taken over that responsibility. Also if there was a major crime incident in Strathmere, SICPD will respond and await NJSP Woodbine's arrival. I have heard this happen on one occasion, it was large drunken brawl.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber

This morning the Upper Twp Beach Patrol was using 154.34 and calling "Central" which is the Ocean City dispatcher.

camco911

Premium Subscriber
Yes they were. I had the feed up and heard the calling District 9 numerous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.