Two Tone Detect HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant113

Okay so first time attempting to use two tone detect and I have no idea what's going on with the software. I downloaded the latest version and entered all the tones I want it to pick up. Not a minute after I was done doing that the software crashes. When I try to reopen it, the program goes "not responding" immediately. I am running the application from the folder that I downloaded it to, because it does not come with an installer. Which leads me to my next question, how do you install it properly? I am so confused and frustrated with it so I'm turning to the forum in a last ditch effort to figure it out before I abandon the software all together.

Thanks in advance!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Okay so first time attempting to use two tone detect and I have no idea what's going on with the software. I downloaded the latest version and entered all the tones I want it to pick up. Not a minute after I was done doing that the software crashes. When I try to reopen it, the program goes "not responding" immediately. I am running the application from the folder that I downloaded it to, because it does not come with an installer. Which leads me to my next question, how do you install it properly? I am so confused and frustrated with it so I'm turning to the forum in a last ditch effort to figure it out before I abandon the software all together.

Thanks in advance!

There is no installer. Just make sure you have the program in a folder that you have read/write access to. I would not put it in the "Program Files" directory, that leads to problems. Try it running it from a folder on the Desktop first. The best way to troubleshoot is to open a command prompt and run the _debug version of the program from the command prompt. If you get an error, see if you can figure out what it means. If not, post it here and we'll see if we can help.

Andy

Coolant113

Okay i have it running from the desktop in a folder. All the tones are programmed. Its picking them up fine however its not emailing them to the email addresses i have specified. gmail with port 465 smtp.

Is there an easier way to test this then sitting around waiting for tones?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Try port 587 for gmail. You can test it by sending tones from another computer running Audacity or other programs to generate the tones (or the same computer if you have multiple sound cards or a full duplex sound card). If you have an Android device, there's an app called Ted Tones Out that can generate tones. I'm not sure if there's something similar for iPhone or not.

Andy

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
I had mine working for a long time, had many Firefighters hooked up to it, along with a few Chiefs. Now I am not getting any pages sent to me nor them, I am getting the error 'c:/bat2.... something like that...

I need this back up ad running asap!! Please help!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I had mine working for a long time, had many Firefighters hooked up to it, along with a few Chiefs. Now I am not getting any pages sent to me nor them, I am getting the error 'c:/bat2.... something like that...

I need this back up ad running asap!! Please help!

That error just means you're using some of the default values from the sample config file that you probably don't need. It shouldn't impact program operation. So what changed in your setup?

Andy

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
What exactly do you mean? The program was working a week ago, and now it just stopped....

aaknitt

Feed Provider
What exactly do you mean? The program was working a week ago, and now it just stopped....

Which means something had to have changed, and that's what you need to figure out. Did you change your email password and forget to change it in the program? Have you checked the log.txt file for errors?

Andy

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Oh, I did change my email passward, and changed it on the program, under the Two Tone Detect "Edit Config Tab" and saved my changes.. still did the same thing.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Did you restart the program after changing the password? If not, give that a shot.

Andy

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Nope, still getting the error 'c:/test2.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Nope, still getting the error 'c:/test2.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

To get rid of that error, delete c:/test2.bat from the Post Email Command line if you're using the TonesEditor. If you're manually editing the tones.cfg file, delete the entire post_email_command line. That error should not prevent the program from operating properly.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
No, it won't. Are there any other errors in the log.txt file? Is it detecting the tone and not emailing it, or not detecting it at all? If you're getting that test.bat error that tells me that it's detecting the tone at least. I would guess that it has to do with changing your email password. See this for more:

My client isn't accepting my username and password - Gmail Help

Andy

tn_medic_533

Not sure if this is the right form to post this question on but here it is. I have 17 tone sets for our county. All tone sets work fine except for one. I have talked with Andy and there is no problem with the software, however, on this one tone set, sometimes it will send the page out to certain people, and sometimes it won't. Can anyone tell me if they have had any problems like this. Also note, the set that is not wanting to work correctly has 107 users on it. Just wondering if this could be a gmail problem and what other email server I might be able to use to try to correct this problem.

Thanks,
Justin Remillard
White County EMS/EMA
Eastland Fire Department
Sparta, TN

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Audio Issue

Ok, So, I recently swapped out computers, and thought a I had the audio working.. However, I didnt recieve the pages... So I tested them, It seems to pick up the higher pitched A tones, and nothing else.. What is causingg this? Ive tryed moving the squelch and still nothing.....

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Ok, So, I recently swapped out computers, and thought a I had the audio working.. However, I didnt recieve the pages... So I tested them, It seems to pick up the higher pitched A tones, and nothing else.. What is causingg this? Ive tryed moving the squelch and still nothing.....

Make sure the volume on your scanner is turned up enough. The lower frequency tones are often softer than the higher pitched ones.

Andy

dudfire

TwoToneDetect

Can anyone help me with this. I have a computer that Twotonedetect will not open on. It is the best computer for location for it. I have posted the error I get in the log file. If anyone could help that would be awesome. Tks in advance

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 105, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect61\outPYZ1.pyz/base64", line 76, in b64decode
TypeError: Incorrect padding
Succesfully retrieved local tone info
Succesfully retrieved local tone info
All Call
Tone2
Longtone1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 718, in <module>
NameError: name 'input_device' is not defined

aaknitt

Feed Provider
The program can't find any audio input devices on your computer. Most likely you have a new computer that doesn't activate the sound card until something is actually plugged into it. You'll probably need to plug something into your audio input to make the program work.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.