Windows 8, No Audio on feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankcastle

OK, I've done some research on other threads, but still have no luck coming up with a solution. I've got my scanner up and running. ScannerCast is showing everything working and broadcasting OK. Freescan is controlling the scanner. My feed shows active, but no audio is coming through. I have my computer mic active and device is being "listened" to on the recording side of my sound card. All mic and recording levels are up and un-muted. What am I missing? Why is no audio being broadcast?

RonnieUSA

OK, I've done some research on other threads, but still have no luck coming up with a solution. I've got my scanner up and running. ScannerCast is showing everything working and broadcasting OK. Freescan is controlling the scanner. My feed shows active, but no audio is coming through. I have my computer mic active and device is being "listened" to on the recording side of my sound card. All mic and recording levels are up and un-muted. What am I missing? Why is no audio being broadcast?
Are You saying You have FreeSCAN VC running at the same time as ScannerCast?
If so that won't work, only ScannerCast can be running.

frankcastle

Are You saying You have FreeSCAN VC running at the same time as ScannerCast?
If so that won't work, only ScannerCast can be running.

No,

I use ScannerCast for broadcasting only (no tags or scanner control). It says Status is Running, and sending is OK. I use Freescan for scanner control and recording. This is the same setup I've used for years on an XP system. New computer running Windows 8 and I've got no audio being sent.

frankcastle

After further investigation, I now know that something in the recording path is turned off. All of my playback files through FreeScan are empty. No Audio! I must be missing something. My machine has Realtek HD audio. Mic volume up, boosted, and un-muted. "Listen to" box is checked in the mic properties. I only have one audio "mic" jack on the side of the computer. That is where the scanner is plugged into, and I can hear it through my computer speakers fine. So, I know its not the playback path, just the recording path. What am I missing!!! It's driving my nuts! Thanks you in advance.

Last edited:

frankcastle

RadioFeed is what I use for my feed, and have had no problems.

ProScan

Instructions below

RadioFeed Setup Instructions - The RadioReference Wiki

Give it a try, and see if the problems are still there.
By the way my OS is Windows 8 64x

Downloaded the free version of Proscan. Same thing. Everything seems to be working fine, but no audio on the feed and recorded files have no audio either. There has got to be a setting somewhere that I don't have switched on.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Downloaded the free version of Proscan. Same thing. Everything seems to be working fine, but no audio on the feed and recorded files have no audio either. There has got to be a setting somewhere that I don't have switched on.

Can you post a screenshot of the Sound Recording tab like RonnieUSA did? Maybe that will give a clue of what's going on.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
More screenshots

I don't see why it's not working. In ProScan, go to the Audio Control - Source Client tab. Do you see the audio meters move and are the ProScan level controls at 100%?

There are a few things I see in your screenshots that will affect audio quality(once you get it working). I would turn off the Microphone Effects Noise suppression, adjust the Microphone Boost to 0%, and turn down the Microphone level. My Microphone level, I have at 10% and the scanner volume at 40%.

frankcastle

No, audio meters on Proscan do not move. The audio meter in the mic property tab moves with the scanner though. I realize that my levels will be off the charts. I just want to make sure that everything is up as much as possible to try and make something happen. Thanks.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
No, audio meters on Proscan do not move. The audio meter in the mic property tab moves with the scanner though. I realize that my levels will be off the charts. I just want to make sure that everything is up as much as possible to try and make something happen. Thanks.

frankcastle said:
I even see the VU meter move when my scanner is active.

Is that the meter on the Sound - Recording tab Microphone?. The screenshot doesn't show the meter has audio. I'm at a lost to why it's not working. I would right click the Microphone Icon and disable then enable.

[EDIT] I see you do have audio from the screenshot posted. The audio that appears on the Audio Control- Source Client tab Capture side is broadcasting. But now there is another problem. The audio appears on the left and right channels so I would think that your audio cable from the scanner to the computer is the wrong type. As a work around, turn the ProScan Right Level control down to 0%.

A side note: My free RadioFeed program has a Source Client feature so you may want to try that in lieu of ProScan if you prefer.

Last edited:

frankcastle

Ok, still not sure what I did but it seems to be working fine now. I uninstalled Scannercast and Freescan just in case they were causing some sort of conflict. I listen to the feed, adjusted my levels and all seems to be good. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.