McHenry County Sheriffs NOW ENC NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scraech

How long has the Mchenry County Sheriffs have been using encryption for main dispatch?

rapidcharger

Anyone else notice a pattern here...
It seems like most places that are hiding are small towns or rural backwoods cops.
Places with absolutely zero homeland security threat. And frankly, places that probably don't have many feed listeners either.
confused2.gif

scraech

I guess its been enc since Jan. but Im a little slow heard the scanner buzz and click. As for po dunk towns go up north its enc in langlade forest and other under populated counties. Its a cry shame that all are blocked. Especially with our federal tax with held for this tax paid radio system and grant money from the homeland security bill. I liked it in 2007 when ISP came online and left that week tower in Elgin. Have a Site and have a generator at all your towers perfect continue on when the power goes out or something takes a site tower out. But to use encryption for main dispatch is wrong. last 21 years I have listened to McHenry County cant say I've heard a scanner to be a problem with any calls they have responded to. I also remember when counties were not about money too. Its about the people and what the people want. In five years those radio users of the encrypted mchenry county site will change. Mark my words. They will have new faces who came from departments and find encryption fun. Since you only know your co workers will ever hear you. Now where will the checks be on the peace officers and county service men and woman by citizens? Keith Nygren and Andrew Zinke need to change their ways period. Only channels that should be encrypted so we cant hear is NSA, SWAT, DET, Command, Gangs, Investigative Survellience, Investigations, Narc, Cert but who cares its happing in a Jail. They already had set aside some channels for Sheriff, Jail, and Police that were secured channels that they could use but lazy people suck, Hard to turn a knob on a radio and have someone else follow you there I can assume. Just remember when you see a BALLOT THAT WANTS MORE OF YOUR TAX MONEY FOR MCHENRY COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT tell them no. They look pretty set with all new cars and fancy radios.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Cry and complain all you want it wont change what has happened...I doubt they will change to back clear to placate a few scanner listeners

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Well, maybe he feels better now that he had a good "rant", i don't blame him, he is correct on every thing he said....

copracer1990

Well, I agree with "scraech" 100%!!! I have been dealing with scanners and radios since I was 10 years old... I believe that the regular dispatch and Non Sheriff Agency should NOT be encrypted...Encryption only means that there is something to hide... There is a time and a place for encryption, but they need to know when to use it.. just my 2 cents..

scraech

I have been listening to fire and police and ham since I was 8 years old. I have been on the air since I was 7 years old. I picked trash in scouts and pulled Marlboro Cigarette Miles my whole summer for two GE 40 channel radios. And also to help Mother Earth LOL :D. My Grandfather was an ex county sheriff and Chief of the fire department. He gave me my first 10 channel Uniden base scanner. I never not had a ear open to hear it when someone keyed up when I was in another room. What I am saying is I was hooked then and still am. To listen to someone else's problems all the time my family warned someday it would change and what I had would be obsolete. I still have stuff to listen to but my hobby is dying with technology :( Thanks to all who read to listen to my post. And it is what it is going to be I have no control. One day this technology is going to kill breakfast meeting's with fellow hobbyist. It's ok I will still keep in contact with the few left I know.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I feel your pain, I have been monitoring something for 48 years, started with a "tune-able'....Now my city "Joliet" has gone COMPLETELY "ENC", what a boot in the a**....I even helped them a couple of times catch car thieves in my neighborhood and they welcomed me with my H/H scanner helping them...But now we have a new up-scale police chief and I cant even hear a fire truck anymore....I even have family members on the PD that feel bad for my cause but have no control....I have put out feelers to purchase a radio with no key-up just to listen but been told if I inquired about the "ENC-Code" I will get in big trouble...So, I listen to whats left and watch the hobby die also......

multiplex

Premium Subscriber
enough

I say as a long time , we revolt and fight for our right to listen to our scanners without enry. We must grab our wire cutters and attack our scanner blocking resisters or maybe not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.