AR82 00MK3 USB Cable from the 'Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently stepped up from an AlincoX10K(unblocked) wide range receiver
to the AoR 8200MK3-G- version..

First big YIKES that hit me was the cost of support/expansion gear..long story to short
I kept looking for a few weeks on the bay,maybe a used cable would find its way on there..

None to be found...

Then this one pops up from the UK...
AOR AR8200 USB Computer Control Cable Similar to CC8200 | eBay

I order up..about a fortnight passes and on Saturday afternoon USPS drops it in my box.

Im using the free JAVA app for programming but I will Confirm that the cable will Up/Download with ease,im running XPPro SP3..I did Not install the drivers,it was true plug n play..

Thumbs Up from me.And it was about half what the OEM unit runs for...

dkf435

Every once in a while a HP Jornada cable pops up at the Goodwill store here ,the only catch is that some of the cables have a pin tied to ground and that needs to be cut sometimes, but the connectors are the same.

If you want to tap the discriminator, make an interface or a Scout cable get one or order one from AOR.

David Kb7uns

tulsascan

Feed Provider
thanks
found one on amazon used 11.00 plus shipping cost me 15 bucks great deal save me a ton of money on Radio Referance

dkf435

You must still wire the cable up to a MAX232 chip or some other level converter, but if you are like me I have half a dozen around here including the old AR8000 cloning/RS232 interface that will work.

Not sure if he still has some but I got some from Taka down in Torrance a few years ago.

David Kb7uns

tulsascan

Feed Provider
thanks for the help DKF435 unfortunly what i ressieved was not the right connector so back to the seach i will save the pin out.

ok1iko

cable

Every once in a while a HP Jornada cable pops up at the Goodwill store here ,the only catch is that some of the cables have a pin tied to ground and that needs to be cut sometimes, but the connectors are the same.

If you want to tap the discriminator, make an interface or a Scout cable get one or order one from AOR.

David Kb7uns

Hi David,

I have a same problem with this cable. When I connect it to AOR8200MK3 then from speaker go growl and my S-meter lost with signal. I thought so that it is problem with ground. On which point of cable I have to cut tied pin? Thanks a lot for reply.
Bob OK1IKO

Status
Not open for further replies.