Can't get RISCON

Status
Not open for further replies.

w1dbc

Premium Subscriber
I'm having an issue here.... I have a BC796D. i CAN get Coventional Trunking (Mass State Police), Coventional Digital Pawtucket and Dartmouth PD's), but i can NOT get the RISCON. I had the scanner sent out within the past month or so and got Providence FD when i got it back but once i put it back in the car, no more. ideas??????

PaulD

antenna and location has a lot to do with it i can receive them most of the time in my truck but in certain areas of the state i lose the repeater signal however all the other riscon frequencies come in good all the time good luck

Traj

I have the same problem with my Home Patrol 1. I'm also looking for an answer. I have the latest firmware and database. Being located on the MA/RI border, I get great reception using a ST-2 antenna on the roof. So, I can't imagine why I do not get RISCON.

ecps92

As PaulD posted... location, location, location.

Have you gone mobile near one of the sites, so as to confirm it is not a defective radio.??

With RISCON being a simulcast system, and designed for Commercial/Public Safety radios, different scanners handle the multi-path differently. Some poorly

I have the same problem with my Home Patrol 1. I'm also looking for an answer. I have the latest firmware and database. Being located on the MA/RI border, I get great reception using a ST-2 antenna on the roof. So, I can't imagine why I do not get RISCON.

Traj

As PaulD posted... location, location, location.

Have you gone mobile near one of the sites, so as to confirm it is not a defective radio.??

With RISCON being a simulcast system, and designed for Commercial/Public Safety radios, different scanners handle the multi-path differently. Some poorly

No, I haven't. I guess that will have to be my next step. Although I get great reception of stations well over 20 miles away. I'm also going to raise the antenna another 10 feet.

w1dbc

Premium Subscriber
Bill (ECPS), Ive gone ALL over the place. from Fall River to Prov out to Lincoln and down to Warwick. Im able to get Dig Conv, Analog Trunking but not RISCON. Ive have uniden do a firmware update and still nothing.

dgai20

Premium Subscriber
Cant hear RISCON

I found that was apparent with Prov FD. I find the PFD spotty and sometimes non existant about 10 miles away @ home ( on my Home Patrol with a mobile antenna dedicated to RISCON). PFD in my car is OK in the city and weakens the further out you go
The simulcast North and South is great @ home and good in the metro RI area when I am in my car

MisterK33

I haven't really had a problem with RISCON. In fact, I was driving home from Taunton, MA, and caught a signal about 20 miles away from the transmitter with my PSR 500 and 800 MHz antenna in the truck.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
Bill (ECPS), Ive gone ALL over the place. from Fall River to Prov out to Lincoln and down to Warwick. Im able to get Dig Conv, Analog Trunking but not RISCON. Ive have uniden do a firmware update and still nothing.

Have you checked to see if you are using the correct trunking tables in your scanner(P25)? Also do you get a control channel carrier if you check in conventional mode? If not its a reception problem of some kind otherwise check the tables.

B.K.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
W1DBC, you haven't mentioned what model of scanner you are using?
Is it one that can handle the 9600 baud control channel (a true P25 system)?

Also if you listen to just the control channel in analog audio mode, can you hear it?

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
W1DBC, you haven't mentioned what model of scanner you are using?
Is it one that can handle the 9600 baud control channel (a true P25 system)?

Also if you listen to just the control channel in analog audio mode, can you hear it?

OP says 796D.

ecps92

Some folks have good luck, others not such luck , because of the Multi-Patch I would say see what you get closer to one of the Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.