Transylvania County SAR Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

I was monitoring Pickens County, SC about a missing hiker on the Foothills Trail near Lake Jocassee. Heard them say according to GPS coordinates, he was over in Transylvania County, North Carolina. What agency would be the primary SAR to this area? What radio frequencies would I need to put in my Pro-197 to monitor? There are quite a few listed for the Rosman/Brevard area?

Bob

trumpetman

Database Admin
155.2800 - State EMS/Rescue
154.2800 - State Fire
155.1600 - SAR Common

Would probably be your important ones; don't forget to put in the county stuff and Civil Air Patrol. Most comms will be on simplex and a single command repeater to coordinate all units.

afdengine3

I'm late to the discussion but for future reference this area is covered by both the Lake Toxaway FD and the Rosman FD. They will typically utilize:

154.23500 Fireground 6 Rosman Area FM Fire-Tac
155.38500 Fireground 7 Rosman Area FM Fire-Tac
155.43750 Fireground 8 Lake Toxaway Area FM Fire-Tac
156.21000 Fireground 8-B Lake Toxaway Area

These would be in addition to the 3 that Chris listed and the command channel would more than likely be the Transylvania County Dispatch Channel. There is also the State Park Law element which would be operating on the Gorge's SP freq. I'm not sure if they have moved to VIPER yet, I doubt it due to coverage in that area.

Chris

rescuecomm

Thanks.

From Easley, the repeaters on Toxaway Mtn seem to be the best bet for me. Any simplex tac channels would be out of range. The Gorges Parks frequencies are the 158-159 mhz ones listed in the database?

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.