BCD996XT Quick Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

signguy10

I am wondering if someone can help me understand quick keys a little easier. I had a radioshack scanner, which with just a press of a button it would essentially lock out any talkgroup under that. Now, with my Uniden, I'm having trouble figuring it out. I am confused about the quick keys with a system and quick keys with a group. What enables what? Just a general run down on how to program and how to use them would be great. Thank you

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Thank you, that looked good. I guess I'm just a little confused now on setting up the best way to lock out groups using quick keys.

Everyone will set it up their own way but the way I do it is...for example, conventional frequencies for a particular county...I will set the county to a quickkey and then different agencies for that county to the group quickkeys...that way I can turn on and off certain agencies while scanning the county, or turn the county as a whole on and off. Make sense?

I also have the local P25 trunking system assigned to a quickkey and then under that, the group quickkeys have different departments or agencies assigned to them.

But again, everyone can and should set it up according to what they are scanning and how they want or need it organized.

signguy10

Everyone will set it up their own way but the way I do it is...for example, conventional frequencies for a particular county...I will set the county to a quickkey and then different agencies for that county to the group quickkeys...that way I can turn on and off certain agencies while scanning the county, or turn the county as a whole on and off. Make sense?

I also have the local P25 trunking system assigned to a quickkey and then under that, the group quickkeys have different departments or agencies assigned to them.

But again, everyone can and should set it up according to what they are scanning and how they want or need it organized.

Alright, well i have all my groups separated into quickkeys. U am using ARC-XT to program them. Now, I see under the system settings an "enable group quickkeys" setting. Do I just turn those on for whatever quick keys are in the system? Do I have to do anything with the quickkeys drop down menu at the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.