programming a BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxwelljames

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a new BCD396XT Uniden scanner and i am looking for someone in the Wellington,Waterloo area that could program it for me. I have had a scanner for 18 years but not right up on the new techknowledge out there. I would appreciate any help i can get. I am not limited to these 2 countys but live in Fergus and these 2 are close.
Thanks in Advance
Paul

Lexxx

Maxwell

Unfortunately there is nothing simple about scanners these days. Delving into these machines can quickly become an exercise in extreme frustration.

My suggestion is to read those links given above without touching the scanner, then connect the scanner to a computer and use your computer to program everything. I use FreeSCAN (which is free of course) but there are others out there as well.

Good luck
Peter
Live Waterloo Region Police Fire EMS and Air Traffic Control.

louiethegoat

Premium Subscriber
Maxwell-

I agree with the above. First set your radio up next to a computer running your scanner program of choice. I also use FreeSCAN or Butel. Make a note of what agencies in your area you would like to monitor initially. The software allows you to select the location you are interested in by state, county, etc. Highlight those you want and then download the frequencies. Get familiar with programming quick keys and group keys so you can selectively listen to or skip certain agencies or frequencies depending on what you feel like listening to at that moment. The more you do this the easier it becomes. It took me a while before I got the hang of it so take it one step at a time. Just load and listen, later you can organize when you learn the features of doing so. Good Luck and enjoy your scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.