Port Hueneme Police going P25 Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

uman18

Port Hueneme Police will be switching to P25. I don't know the full details yet. For those that don't know Port Hueneme Police and Oxnard police have shared the same frequency for the longest. Currently PHPD has taken over the primary frequency while they set up and OPD is using band 2 as their primary frequency and Band 3 as their records.

So don't know what frequencies they will be using. What's interesting is that most of Ventura County is VHF analog with the exception of Simi Valley PD which runs UHF P25.

At least I'm ready for digital on VHF with my BCD996T and my VHF XTS3000! Just hope they don't go encrypted.

That Oxnard doesn't have plans to switch to P25 but Oxnard Fire has been slowly replacing their MTS2000's 48CH radios with XTS25000 radios.

Also Ventura PD took in some XTS series radios and are running MDC. I think they are XTS1500 radios.

So maybe slowly we will see more VHF P25 in Ventura County.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Any idea if Port Hueneme PD is just converting their existing frequency to P25, or if they'll be on a new frequency? Last time I was in the area, both Oxnard PD and Port Hueneme PD were on OPD Band 1, and the Port Hueneme PD frequency was sort of a secondary channel for them. Will they now be dispatched in house?

brewerywgn1

Premium Subscriber
PHPD is using P25 on 158.880 , I heard them testing with Radio Service on Tuesday and as of Wednesday it apperars to be up and running. OPD was heard testing with Radio Service using P25 as well last week, but for now they are still using analog, I hoped this day would never come but it looks like it is finally here. I guess it's time to replace all my old analog gear!

brewerywgn1

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard PHPD dispatching on 155.745 since they went P25 on 158.88, perhaps they are dispatching P25 on a separate frequency from OPD now, I will have to do some investigating!

uman18

phpd p25

Port Hueneme PD has always had its own in house dispatch. It's small, when you walk in to the PD the dispatcher is the front desk. Senior officers sometimes cover for the dispatchers breaks.

Oxnard and PH PD's have always dispatched on the shared channel 1 and PHPD used thier CH 3 (158.8800) as their records/talk around channel.

I heard them testing Wednesday all over Port Hueneme, South Oxnard and the West Oxnard.

I haven't heard PHPD at all after the testing.

I'm still wondering if they going to stay on the current frequency 155.7450 but on P25 while Oxnard stays on analog or just use 158.8800 on P25, but again haven't even heard them on band 1!

I might go park later in front of the PD and see if I can get anything on Close Capture.

uman18

Got my BCD396T and my XTS3000 up and running. Picking up PHPD dispatching calls on 158.8800 P25. Heard them also on my BCD996T when I was out driving around.

SCPD

QRT
Got my BCD396T and my XTS3000 up and running. Picking up PHPD dispatching calls on 158.8800 P25. Heard them also on my BCD996T when I was out driving around.

I have had my xts2500 parked on 158.880 and haven't heard a thing all day.

uman18

Make sure you have "Rx-Unmute Rule" selected to "Digital CSQ" I had the same issue and had forgotten how to set it up for P25. Had the same issue when I set up my UHF P25 radio. If you don't do this, you will see the LED blink when RX but you wont hear anything unless your press the monitor button.

In the XTS3000 CPS its under the "Astro" tab in the channel personality.

brewerywgn1

Premium Subscriber
Today Station 8 was still using CLEMARS analog for record checks, I'm hearing them sporadically on 158.88 P25 and I have heard them back on Band 1 155.745

SCPD

QRT
Make sure you have "Rx-Unmute Rule" selected to "Digital CSQ" I had the same issue and had forgotten how to set it up for P25. Had the same issue when I set up my UHF P25 radio. If you don't do this, you will see the LED blink when RX but you wont hear anything unless your press the monitor button.

In the XTS3000 CPS its under the "Astro" tab in the channel personality.

Thanks for that helpful information but, I already know about that :)

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
When you guys figure out what the new line up is, kindly submit the frequency and NAC info so that we may get the Db updated.

Thanks !

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
This is a hobby website.

The size and accuracy of our frequency database is reliant on the input of the thousands of members that make regular submission.

Virtually everyone including the Db Admin crew are all volunteers that generously contribute their time.

If you want a commission, consider the egalitarian fact that you are helping make the site better for your fellow hobbyist that seeks out frequency information in your local area.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
This is a hobby website.

The size and accuracy of our frequency database is reliant on the input of the thousands of members that make regular submission.

Virtually everyone including the Db Admin crew are all volunteers that generously contribute their time.

If you want a commission, consider the egalitarian fact that you are helping make the site better for your fellow hobbyist that seeks out frequency information in your local area.

Exactly. This is the second time I've heard this "commission" request recently and it's getting pretty old. I can't speak for LAFlyer but I personally choose to volunteer my time here as a Db admin not only to learn about new developments around the state, but because I get personal satisfaction from seeing this site grow and doing the best I can to keep the database info for California as accurate as possible.

If you want to play the "what's in it for me" game you might want to reconsider why you participate here or take up a new hobby. ;)

SCPD

QRT
This is a hobby website.

Lol! I was only kidding.
Where do I go to add notes or update the database? I don't mind adding information when updated when I have time, I'm also not a premiere user but, use this site several times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.