Rutherford County Sheriff Dispatch Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxquad

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will no longer be able to provide the "RCSO1" Rutherford County SO feed.

If someone else wants to provide it, have at it.

Thanks,

maxquad

IGH78

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will no longer be able to provide the "RCSO1" Rutherford County SO feed.

If someone else wants to provide it, have at it.

Thanks,

maxquad

I just applied to add a feed for Smyrna Public Safety. I'll be adding RCSO as well. Hopefully should have up in the next week or so.

IGH78

Thanks!

I just listened to it for a few minutes. The feed sounds good. Have to say I'm glad the tac channels aren't being broadcast also.

Thanks SDavis, I appreciate that! I'm new to broadcasting a feed, but it's really been enjoyable so far. I woke up this am to the feed being offline. Turns out my server was set up to auto install Windows Updates (and subsequently restarted) at 0300. I went in and changed the settings to manual update only. I just need a good APC back up and I should be good to go.

I'll likely remove the utilities/water/miscl TG's on the Smyrna Bank to reduce the chatter. I've also added the THP Freq's for Rutherford Co that came as part of the db install. Nashville Dispatch comes in fairly clear. I know they'll be going to TroopNet and usually come up on RCSO-1 when responsing with SO on calls; but it was neat to hear their other frequency. Also, I enjoy listening to RCEMS, but they are a very, very busy agency all hours of the day/night. I may lock them out at certain times. Not sure yet.

Any questions/suggestions, concerns please let me know. Thanks much!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Originally Posted by SDavis90
I just listened to it for a few minutes. The feed sounds good. Have to say I'm glad the tac channels aren't being broadcast also.

The TAC chans won't be broadcast per the Radioreference/Broadcastify TOS. We do NOT allow them. If he is running an BCD996/396 BC15X BC780 etc... And chooses to run all the rest vias PROSCAN's web features then thats all fin and dandy. :)

IGH78

Originally Posted by SDavis90

The TAC chans won't be broadcast per the Radioreference/Broadcastify TOS. We do NOT allow them. If he is running an BCD996/396 BC15X BC780 etc... And chooses to run all the rest vias PROSCAN's web features then thats all fin and dandy. :)

Thanks Milf (nice profile name BTW). :)

Yep, I was going to mention that the TOS prohibits the other TG's. I've also locked out the ems to hospital report frequency we use locally. The removals/disabling of TG's and frequency l/o's have to be done manually if you're importing any of the RR db's via a cable to the scanner. May be something to bring up or post on the db pages for new broadcaster's.

Thanks for your support!

MattBNA

Any questions/suggestions, concerns please let me know. Thanks much!

First, I'd like to thank you for putting this feed online. We've been in need of a good Smyrna PD feed for a while now.

I've been listening on the computer or phone (mainly at night) for about a week now and haven't had any issues.

A couple of things:

I've never heard anything from THP (at least not yet).

I'm also wondering why there is a trucking company and/or warehouse frequency coming through that is constantly covering up the intended frequencies? For the past few nights (and certainly the past two hours), I've heard all sorts of general chatter between various men and women that use radios while they're at work (wherever that is). Tonight this has including a woman yelling "HELLOOOO?!? IS ANYONE THERE?," information about how much freight is loaded on particular trailers, what doors to move various trailers to, etc... Any idea as to where that is coming from? :)

Thanks,
Matt
(Smyrna)

--

IGH78

First, I'd like to thank you for putting this feed online. We've been in need of a good Smyrna PD feed for a while now.

I've been listening on the computer or phone (mainly at night) for about a week now and haven't had any issues.

A couple of things:

I've never heard anything from THP (at least not yet).

I'm also wondering why there is a trucking company and/or warehouse frequency coming through that is constantly covering up the intended frequencies? For the past few nights (and certainly the past two hours), I've heard all sorts of general chatter between various men and women that use radios while they're at work (wherever that is). Tonight this has including a woman yelling "HELLOOOO?!? IS ANYONE THERE?," information about how much freight is loaded on particular trailers, what doors to move various trailers to, etc... Any idea as to where that is coming from? :)

Thanks,
Matt
(Smyrna)

--

Thanks for the feedback Matt. I appreciate it! I too, have heard the non-public safety traffic you describe. When I get some free time this week I'll attempt to isolate the frequency. I suspect it's coming from one of the RC EMA frequencies I imported from the RR database. I'll lock it out once I can isolate it.

I only included Smyrna's PD/FD Dispatch TG's in my last import, but I'm still hearing some utility stuff at times during the day. Also, I've noticed no radio traffic at certain evening times when there should be (confirmed with a 2nd scanner). Thus, I suspect the frequencies and TG's may need to be updated in the RR db. I need to troubleshoot further. My scanner is set to scan trunked, but I'll double check the configuration.

As far as THP goes I hear them on low band and talking to Nashville Dispatch upon occasion. With their current system, you've got to be close to a unit to hear them on their freq's. I live fairly close to Exit 66 and I-24. Thus, I suspect it's been when they were working wrecks or enforcement near by. For the most part the THP "33XX" units come up on RCSO-1 for a lot of their radio traffic related to responding to wrecks, backing up SO units, running 51/53 checks, etc. It sounds as though they've been routinely short handed with 1 or 2 Troopers covering both Rutherford and Williamson Co's per shift.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
You may want to check other threads concerning THP shifting to the TVR, and TROOPNET now that Troopnet is comming alive. As for any updating we need to do, please submit any changes you find ty!

IGH78

You may want to check other threads concerning THP shifting to the TVR, and TROOPNET now that Troopnet is comming alive. As for any updating we need to do, please submit any changes you find ty!

Thank you. Yes, I'm aware of the Statewide conversion over to TROOPNET.

SDavis90

I only included Smyrna's PD/FD Dispatch TG's in my last import, but I'm still hearing some utility stuff at times during the day. Also, I've noticed no radio traffic at certain evening times when there should be (confirmed with a 2nd scanner). Thus, I suspect the frequencies and TG's may need to be updated in the RR db. I need to troubleshoot further. My scanner is set to scan trunked, but I'll double check the configuration.

The (Smyrna) frequencies and TG's in the database are good to go.

Not familiar with your particular scanner, but check your control channel assignments. It switches at night (11ish?). They have switched the dedicated CC freqs in the past on this particular system. I just programmed all the freqs in so that regardless of where the control channel assignment goes, my scanner will find it so I won't be going silent on mine. Works like a charm!

Hope this helps...

Also hear THP on the RCSO channel quite often. They have also talked on SPD's channel, as the SO has too. The whole inter-agency, inter-op thing.

Last edited:

IGH78

Feed Update - Downloaded & Imported the Newest Smyrna File

Hope everyone is well!

Just an update - I've downloaded and imported the latest Smyrna file from the database. This seems to have resolved a few minor issues (Thanks to Milf for updating it last :)). I also cleaned up the TG's (removed the water plant, public works, and utilities). This should cut down on some chatter. Enhancements in the pipeline include an outside antenna and upgrading my old Windows box. I'm also considering a BCD436HP to be able to include Lavergne PD/FD, or potentially apply for another feed to host them separately. Not sure if I want to dedicate a new scanner just for the Lavergne TG's. I'll have an update in the coming weeks. Thanks for listening!

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback Matt. I appreciate it! I too, have heard the non-public safety traffic you describe. When I get some free time this week I'll attempt to isolate the frequency. I suspect it's coming from one of the RC EMA frequencies I imported from the RR database. I'll lock it out once I can isolate it.

As far as THP goes I hear them on low band and talking to Nashville Dispatch upon occasion. With their current system, you've got to be close to a unit to hear them on their freq's. I live fairly close to Exit 66 and I-24. Thus, I suspect it's been when they were working wrecks or enforcement near by. For the most part the THP "33XX" units come up on RCSO-1 for a lot of their radio traffic related to responding to wrecks, backing up SO units, running 51/53 checks, etc. It sounds as though they've been routinely short handed with 1 or 2 Troopers covering both Rutherford and Williamson Co's per shift.

I think that THP, Nashville District #3, has or is in the process of migrating over to the TACN, as talk group #47008 has appeared on the Tiger Hill, Hoovers Gap, and Nashville Towers sites.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Migration for THP D3 should be completed by fall. Also be on the lookout for lots of sites coming live, and new users over the next few months. Including Nashville. (Story already posted in media outlets so its not wishful thinking for those that like to naysay me on things.)

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Migration for THP D3 should be completed by fall. Also be on the lookout for lots of sites coming live, and new users over the next few months. Including Nashville. (Story already posted in media outlets so its not wishful thinking for those that like to naysay me on things.)

Any idea when the Lawrenceburg District No. 7 will migrate to the TACN?

IGH78

Thanks for the heads up

Just a heads up. Smyrna's 14-15 budget has a new P25 system in the works.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

That's not surprising at all given the trend locally, and state-wide. Do you (or anyone else) know if Smyrna is transitioning to MDT's in their squads? I've seen a few, but most cars don't have them. I think the few I've seen are traffic guys. Traffic (Radio/Badge #'s 358, 412, & 435) seem to call in all their stops and warrant/DL checks. I also don't see a TG or freq dedicated to MDT's. If their not dispatching through the CAD to them, maybe their using hotspots to access the Portal, etc?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
They could be doing like a lot of other agencies and have a dedicated system for the MDT's. And other places use actual laptops and run them on dedicated aircards (All the agencies here in Indianapolis for example).

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
In Knox Co. the officers use the MDTs with air cards and don't actually have a dedicates frequency/TGID for them.

And I also know that some smaller departments use laptops/iPads with hotspots or WiFi to access the portal or to just write reports so they are not in the office too long & out on the road more.

Status
Not open for further replies.