• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

programing cable for Tekk T-90

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8zgw

I have two Tekk T-90 Handhelds that I need to reprogram
for GMRS. I know the radios work.
I have the software
At one time I had the programing cable, but it has been "misplaced"
I have looked everyplace I can think of for it.
They are for sale on "flea- Bay"at around $60.00, bu I would like to build one.
What I need is a circuit diagram for the cable.
From what I understand, it is the same cable that is used for the
EF-Johnson-Avenger-se.

Is there anybody on here that can help.

Thanks

Don

k8zgw

found it

I have noted that over 100 people have looked at this thread
and NO ONE posted.
This is just a note that I have found both my Tekk
programing cables ( PC 800 and PC 900)
so if anyone in the Cleveland area needs something programed,
send me a message and I will try to help.

Don, K8ZGW

KI4JBA

Tekk Pro-40 ( T-40 ) HELP

There is no information on these radios on the net. I have searched for specs sheets, manuals. Nothing. I would like to get them up and running. Anyone have any experience with the older Pro-20 and pro-40 please.

thanks!

k8zgw

Tekk Pro-40 ?

Hi Mike,
I don't really know which Tekk radio you are talking about,
If you can send a pic, I could try to help
If you can't post a pic on this forum, e-mail it to me at
k8zgw (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.
It seems that I know just a little bit Tekk radio's,
I was a dealer for a few years many years ago

Don

KI4JBA

Tekk Inc,. Model T-40 UHF need help

I was able to bring the ni-cad back to life and the pair I have function. I need to know if they are programmable for the ham bands, and or if there is a tone function for repeaters.

Overall nice rugged case and function buttons.

I recently found an old STANDARD HX-240 and was able to reprogram it for my local repeaters. I was hoping to do the same for these for SAR work in the mountains.

FCC: GOXT40

I have looked at the TEKK website.. Nothing for them there. How do I post a pic on the thread?

k8zgw

e-mail me

Mike

I have looked for your e-mail address a number of places.
It looks like you don't want to get e-mail.
IF you can't post a pic on the forum,
you can send me a pic at
k8zgw(at)4masons(dot)org
I MAY be able to help

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.