YaesuxVX-7 Replacement Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
ask the seller for the date code, if those are true OEM VS FNB-80's, then they will be stamped on the lower right or left corner of the foil label. Post it here and I'll tell you when it was made.

Lithium Ion batteries lose capacity if they are old, anything older than 18 months means you aren't gonna get the full rated capacity per charge.

MarkWestin

I would be cautious for the following reasons:

Location. Seller is located in China.
Low cost. $26.52 plus Free shipping vs $69.95 (plus shipping from HRO)
1500mAh. All three of my FNB-80LI packs have a Label rating of 1300 mAh.
"H50D" marking just above the recycle symbol is in black type vs GCA GAA (both stamped into the foil, no color) or HKD (stamped in black)

Most importantly, even though the pack has the "vs" logo at the top left, the bottom line of text is missing "VERTEX STANDARD CO., LTD. MADE IN JAPAN"

There is no indication of where the pack is made, but a good guess is China.

While these packs may be fine, if you were to have a problem you would be out the price of the pack plus any potential damage to your radio.

Mark

N4KVE

I would never buy a battery pack w/o being able to "test the fit" first. Over the years I have purchased batteries from Yost/Batteries America in person for my Icom W-32, & have been very pleased with the fit & length of service. [almost 10 years] However, a year ago I needed a battery for a Yaesu FT-50. I went to their booth with the radio, & their battery could barely fit on the radio. I tried 3 different batteries, & none of them would fit w/o much effort. It seems the vendor in China did a poor job of checking the fit on that battery, while the vendor did an excellent job of checking the fit on the W-32 battery. I ended up finding a proper fitting battery from Pro Star who also sells Chinese batteries. The quality between fit, & length of service varies widely between off shore suppliers. I'd take this into consideration before sending money to China. At the worst, buy these Chinese batteries from a US vendor, using a credit card so you can return them should they not fit.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Anyone ever run across The high capacity G90li ?? They were listed for the vx-5,6 &7 at 2200mah. Ebay had a listing for them at one point, now it's gone.

Thanks,
n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.