looking for police scanner in charlotte nc

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayan

Premium Subscriber
hey guys i know cmpd went digital now my old scanner does not work wanted to know which scanner would be best to get Charlotte police frequency. wanted to get prices and info where to buy it.
thanks
ricky

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Well I have a couple of digital scanners that work well for me. They are old

Mine are a Uniden BCD396D and a Radio Shack Pro-96

I would personally go with either the Uniden BCD396XT or the newest Radio Shack Pro-106 or the new GRE PSR-800

These are really great scanners for portable use.

A good digital scanner will cost between 400.00 to 600.00 dollars depending on the model and options you are looking for.

The best place for scanners is either Radio Shack RadioShack - mobile phones, MP3 players, laptops, and more or Scannermaster

Scanner Master - Police Scanners by Uniden Bearcat, AOR and Radio Shack.

Hope this information helps

David

Last edited:

adams_jb

Feed Provider
Scanner Feed?

Yardbird, have you considered hosting a Cabarrus/Concord fire feed? I used to host it until they rebanded and a new scanner is not in the budget.

Jason

kg4pbd

hey guys i know cmpd went digital now my old scanner does not work wanted to know which scanner would be best to get Charlotte police frequency. wanted to get prices and info where to buy it.
thanks
ricky

Just keep in mind, whatever scanner you go with, multicast distortion on the Charlotte system can be a significant issue depending on your location. Even with the best radio you may need a directional antenna to hear the system without distortion. Generally, if you are closer in towards the city center you will have better luck. If you are in the suburbs it can be more of an issue.

Any of the current generation of P25 capable scanners will receive the system. If you don't want to spend time learning how to program the radio the PSR-800 or Uniden Home Patrol are easy out of the box solutions. Take a look at Scannermaster.com

KM4WLV

Just keep in mind, whatever scanner you go with, multicast distortion on the Charlotte system can be a significant issue depending on your location. Even with the best radio you may need a directional antenna to hear the system without distortion. Generally, if you are closer in towards the city center you will have better luck. If you are in the suburbs it can be more of an issue.

Scott you make a good point and it's something I forgot to inform him of when I responded to his email earlier. I got an email a few minutes ago from him and he has purchased a 396XT from Amazon. Once he get's it I told him I'd walk him through the set up and programming, and also told him I'd send him a file for the Charlotte Regional P25 system along with VIPER.

KM4WLV

Status
Not open for further replies.