Active shooter loose around MIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Officer involved has died.

Detailed updates
12:14 PM EST: A statement from the Cambridge District Attorney informs us that the fatal shooting occurred when the MIT campus police officer was reporting to "a disturbance in the area." He was found by other officers evidencing multiple gunshot wounds. There have been no arrests yet, as officers continue to search the area.

12:01 PM EST: NBC Connecticut is reporting that the MIT police officer has died.

11:49 AM EST: Police are actively trying to corner the suspect. The MIT police officer has been confirmed to have sustained "life-threatening injuries" according to WHDH-Boston. MIT just released this update: "Responding agencies continue to investigate the situation. The scene is outside of Building 32 (Stata) and 76 (Koch) near Vassar and Main Streets. Injuries have been reported. The situation is still very active and we ask everyone to stay inside."

- Gawker

Last edited:
CAMBRIDGE (CBS) – An MIT Police officer has died after he was shot near the Stata Center on campus Thursday night.

MIT sent out an alert to students telling them to stay indoors after the shooting.

The Middlesex DA’s office says the officer was responding to a report of a disturbance in the area of Vasser and Main streets. Authorities found him with multiple gunshot wounds.

He was transported to the hospital and pronounced dead.

No arrest has been made and the search for a suspect or suspects is ongoing. The shooting occurred at approximately 10:30 p.m.

State Police, K9 units and the Air Wing are assisting in the search.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
I have been listening via the MSP TRS here in Cape Cod, it's very compelling and not since I lived in NYC have I been so riveted by the scanners.

I am listening to SOPS-3 TG 33680, which is the primary, as well as some traffic (not much) on SOPS-1 also related to the search and finally MSP Helo traffic on TG 35472.

They have one in custody and are narrowing the search for the second suspect. I hope they get this dirtbag.

local news coverage is lacking,international is reporting more detail on suspect in custody referring to the one they got in a way leading to think hes dead....

Ill be the first to say it here,,I messaged coaster earlier-due to the location
it seemed really odd that a MIT cop was involved in a shooting,let alone
killed in service. i thought from the jump - in the corner of my mind that
the doers were the terror suspects.

Looks like the bad guys ARE the marathon bombers,

robbery was actually a car jacking.

Pressure cooker found at watertown crime scene

bag/case of grenades found at/near scene dealt with by EOD/SWAT

multiple shootouts in watertown,explosives used.

hundreds of shots exchanged.

IEDs are reported to have been thrown and exploded at the chasing officers.

DHS-FBI-ATF National Guard and some Spec-Ops..Multiple jurisdictions involved in manhunt.

BAD GUY that was -ACCOUNTED FOR- is thought to be dead.

2ND BAD GUY is on the run in watertown area

national news is not up to speed on this yet,

WHDH,,WCVB FOX BOSTON has coverage streaming...

Last edited:

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Tweet from MSP at approx 340 AM

MASS STATE POLICE ‏@MassStatePolice 1m

If any concerns about someone at door, call 911 immediately. Repeat--Do not answer door, stay away from windows, keep doors locked.

--------------------------------

At least 2 explosions during chase - grenades - IEDs - etc

344 AM - active search still underway

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Robbery and MIT shootings took place at the sane time but were not related. MBTA officer also shot. Also BPD 1 is very active patched to 8TAC93

Bout time you Mass members woke up..

getting a report that a transit officer was involved and wounded in watertown
exchange @ same loc that pressure cooker device was found

officer stated..-There were explosives everywhere-

Your local media rocks..i miss chet curtis and nat jacobson!

EOD clearing and control det. devices on scene

Last edited:

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
The main stream media has posted almost all false info except quotes from other people. Listing to the scanner the whole duration of the incident will tell you a different story then what you will see online this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.