Granby back-up frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner404

Feed Provider
Anyone have any idea what the back-up frequencies are for the town of Granby. They seem to be having repeater issues, making the audio quality poorer than usual and the ems have switched to their back-up channel, but I'm not sure what it could be. Any ideas?

cg

Premium Subscriber
EMS radios had been worked on but the main repeater is in service. PD radios are working fine.
EMS has a second 453.0750 repeater available, PD uses RAFS2 if there is a prolonged issue.

chris

scanningisfun

The backup repeater probably has a different input PL tone than the main repeater. I actually thought dispatch sounded better on the backup than the main repeater. Dispatch has had an AC hum on both the ambulance and PD frequencies lately; more noticeable on the ambulance repeater. I don't know if I'm noticing it now, or if it has been an issue for a while.

Jacob

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Back in the day on the original installs by NECS the backup repeaters installed work on the same pairs and PL's and was switched on/off by tone or DC. Essentially, on the console you press a button and you were good.

Typically the "Main" repeater was installed at the "Sweetspot" in town and was wirelined or MW linked to the dispatcher center with the backup repeater installed at the dispatch center. This allowed for some failsafe operation if needed.

scanner404

Feed Provider
Thanks for your replies guys, yeah I heard them using the regular EMS frequency today and I even picked up on the input frequency. I guess my reception was just worse than usual last night cause I did not hear the ems tones going out for a medical call. And your right Jacob, PD does actually sound better on their back-up repeater, I kind of hope they don't "fix" it. It's had that hum for at least the past week now.

scanningisfun

Thanks for your replies guys, yeah I heard them using the regular EMS frequency today and I even picked up on the input frequency. I guess my reception was just worse than usual last night cause I did not hear the ems tones going out for a medical call. And your right Jacob, PD does actually sound better on their back-up repeater, I kind of hope they don't "fix" it. It's had that hum for at least the past week now.

I was talking about the EMS backup repeater. I actually haven't heard the PD on RAFS because of a repeater failure. I think GPD's Car 70 mobile radio has an issue as there is always a clicking noise when an Officer keys up.

Jacob

scanningisfun

I was talking about the EMS backup repeater. I actually haven't heard the PD on RAFS because of a repeater failure. I think GPD's Car 70 mobile radio has an issue as there is always a clicking noise when an Officer keys up.

Jacob

At least I think it's car 70.

Jacob

scanningisfun

Well the mobile in Vehicle 60 really threw a fit. There was also no clicking noise when he switched to 90.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.