Uniden firmware site/server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rastaman147

Premium Subscriber
It's not just you -- I was not able to load those pages, either. The Uniden website is probably the worst support website I have ever tried to use. Even when it is working it takes forever for pages to load. It's been this way since I've had my Uniden scanner.

If the folks at Uniden are reading this, for people that might be on the fence considering buying a Uniden product, your website might be a bad enough experience to push them into finding an alternative.

MK

The server has been down for hours. While trying to update the database from within Sentinel I received the error message, "Updating HPDB failed. Operation is canceled. Unable to connect to the remote server." As I recall, there was a much shorter outage last weekend too.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Actually that is UPmans website.
I did try uniden.com site for the firmware, they don't have it, I did a search for BC246T_V2_60_00.zip & BC246T_V2_60_00.scn but all want you to go to the down site.
I joined the 246 yahoo group, but they have no files as opposed to most yahoo groups they have the support files for download.
Tried the internet archive site but they don't have the file to download, although they did have his site archived.
BC246TFirmwareUpdate < UniDenman4 < TWiki

Hopefully in the mean time someone who has this file and can make it available?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Actually that is UPmans website.
I did try uniden.com site for the firmware, they don't have it, I did a search for BC246T_V2_60_00.zip & BC246T_V2_60_00.scn but all want you to go to the down site.
I joined the 246 yahoo group, but they have no files as opposed to most yahoo groups they have the support files for download.
Tried the internet archive site but they don't have the file to download, although they did have his site archived.
BC246TFirmwareUpdate < UniDenman4 < TWiki

Hopefully in the mean time someone who has this file and can make it available?
I still have BC246T_V2_60_00.zip on my hard drive (I have a firmware 'archive folder').

hewoggles

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying for a couple of days to get HomePatrol Sentinel v2 (the free software). If anyone has it handy they can email it to me I will sing and dance. :)

Last edited:

kayleesdad

the uniden repair site is down, too, and the 396xt needs some antenna connection repairs. darn it.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The servers are being physically relocated to our new facilities. I was told by the IT group that this would result in an outage of 2-4 hours. I see that it has been longer than that...I'll send an email to IT to see if I can get an update (but if they are having problems, I'd really prefer they spend their time fixing the problems than answering my email :) ).

hewoggles

Premium Subscriber
The servers are being physically relocated to our new facilities. I was told by the IT group that this would result in an outage of 2-4 hours. I see that it has been longer than that...I'll send an email to IT to see if I can get an update (but if they are having problems, I'd really prefer they spend their time fixing the problems than answering my email :) ).

Cool. I am very interested in the Extreme upgrade but that will follow the HomePatrol Sentinel v2 upgrade.

I can wait until the server is back working (if I have to) :)

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider

Forsaking Amon Carter Blvd?

N2JDS

The servers are being physically relocated to our new facilities. I was told by the IT group that this would result in an outage of 2-4 hours. .

Good now I can quit going crazy swapping out cables. Thought for sure I had a bad cable and it would not connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.