Berwick Fire Department (Columbia County)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the feed marked "Columbia County Fire and EMS" covers Berwick Fire Department? I know that the feed called "Eastern Columbia and Western Luzerne Police, Fire and EMS" does include BFD, but the reason I ask about "Columbia County Fire and EMS" is because this feed is a lot quieter and easier to listen to. Any feedback would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

NgoraSweatr

Just some guy, ya know?
BFD/ColCo Feeds

I know the person who runs the Eastern Columbia/Western Luzerne feed personally and the reason the feed is so much of a 'pain' to listen to is because there are responders in Berwick that work both sides of the county line, and since that is where the feed is based and generally at whom the feed is directed (though not specifically), it covers a multitude of things. They apologize for the inconvenience as well.

I am guessing that the Columbia Fire & EMS feed is from somewhere near either Bloom or Catawissa as I never hear any portables from up near Berwick on their feed, so assume that the BFD is not on their scan list.

r3wt

I know this thread is a little old now, but I found it in an unrelated googling and thought this may be helpful to others that end up here...

My feed (Columbia County Public Safety) is probably what you're looking for. The feed originates from Berwick, has Berwick's private fire frequency, most of the county-wide ops frequencies, and has an outdoor antenna for the best chance of actually receiving mobile/portable radios. It also has better coverage of everything else than the Fire & EMS feed, with one caveat - there are no priority channels. As a compromise (and to avoid missing fire dispatches), I have a second scanner in fire tone out mode which the feed switches to during dispatches.

Regarding the location of the Fire & EMS feed, it's definitely not Bloomsburg because the feed scans Bloom PD and their transmissions hardly ever break squelch.

Status
Not open for further replies.