• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Just bought an HT1250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I am a medic who works two different jobs, at my part time job I am given a radio, which is an HT1250, and my full time job, we typically use the radios we have at work, however due to radios that only work a small percent of the time, and battery life that is well, crap, I have decided to purchase my own HT1250 due to how happy I am with my part time jobs radio. My goal is to program the channels from both jobs into one radio so I do not have two radios sitting around, as well as some of the counties around us for our mutual aid runs. So anywho I have not got a hold of my new radio yet, but I do have a question on how to program it. What do I need? I see ebay has some programming USB cables listed, but I have also googled and heard of people talking about upwards of 300 dollars in software. Is there a free software to download? Or is the software actually included in the radio itself? Or do i have to purchase over priced software to program 1 radio? What exactly is the process for programming the HT1250?

Thanks in advance

firefive76

Hello all,

I am a medic who works two different jobs, at my part time job I am given a radio, which is an HT1250, and my full time job, we typically use the radios we have at work, however due to radios that only work a small percent of the time, and battery life that is well, crap, I have decided to purchase my own HT1250 due to how happy I am with my part time jobs radio. My goal is to program the channels from both jobs into one radio so I do not have two radios sitting around, as well as some of the counties around us for our mutual aid runs. So anywho I have not got a hold of my new radio yet, but I do have a question on how to program it. What do I need? I see ebay has some programming USB cables listed, but I have also googled and heard of people talking about upwards of 300 dollars in software. Is there a free software to download? Or is the software actually included in the radio itself? Or do i have to purchase over priced software to program 1 radio? What exactly is the process for programming the HT1250?

Thanks in advance

The only LEGAL way to obtain software is directly from Motorola after signing a software agreement with them. Yes, the software is around $275 last time I checked, which includes updates for 3 years IIRC. A much cheaper solution would be to take your radio to a Motorola shop to get it programmed there. That might cost you anywhere from $20-50. Unless you are programming several radios or plan on switching things around in your radio frequently, it makes more sense to pay someone else the money to do it for you.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Thanks in advance
Two threads to read at the top of this sub-forum:

http://forums.radioreference.com/motorola-forum/74748-you-looking-free-programming-software.html

The RadioReference.com Forums - Announcements in Forum : Commercial and Professional Radio

+1 to firefive's suggestion. If you're only going to program this single radio, find someone who can do it for you. The $265 for the software plus $25 or more for the cable is a steep price for just one radio. And, the Pro Series CPS is complex and there's a big learning curve to properly program it.

Your heading says you are in Warren County. Is that in NYS or some other state? If you're in New York, I may be able to help.

N2JDS

Keep in mind, when you do find a programmer, that these radios can be set to activate/alert on page out tones as well. So if tones drop for your jobs, you may want to see what they are and have that information available when your radio gets plugged. They are very good radios.

svfd17

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; C5170 Build/IML77) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

The whole professional series are the best analog radios Motorola has ever made in my opinion.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; C5170 Build/IML77) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

The whole professional series are the best analog radios Motorola has ever made in my opinion.

Your kidding right?

N4KVE

I'd take a Jedi any day of the week over a 1250.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

svfd17 said:

Having used an HT750, I will take my Jedi any day, heck even a GP300 or MT1000/HT600/P200 before a Waris...

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Having used an HT750, I will take my Jedi any day, heck even a GP300 or MT1000/HT600/P200 before a Waris...

Saber II :p

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.746 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

gatekeep said:

Saber II :p

Never owned or used a Saber or Astro Saber. But maybe one day...

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I have owned HT220,MT500,MX's Saber's, astro sabers,Jedi's of all flavors, XTS's and now an APX. We use HT1250's at my firehouse and by far are the biggest POS that have ever been put out by Motorola for Public safety.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have owned HT220,MT500,MX's Saber's, astro sabers,Jedi's of all flavors, XTS's and now an APX. We use HT1250's at my firehouse and by far are the biggest POS that have ever been put out by Motorola for Public safety.

I agree on the HT1250 being POS. I had one years ago UHF HT1250 it sucked had it for about a year and went dead. Nothing came on no screen even took it to /\/\ shop cost as much to get another used one. People I know that work for public safety said the samething they suck and wouldn't work half the time.

Getting back to the topic, and instead of creating a new thread i have a new question. One of the towns I work in has the PD on MotoTurbo, we currently have no ability to tx or rx with them. The only way they can communicate with us is to use the State Mutual Aid channel. My question is with the HT1250 would I have the ability to even just Rx a MotoTurbo channel given the right frequency and tone?

thassler

The HT1250 is an analog only radio so it's not compatible with Trbo. You might want to look at one of the XPR line of portables. A portable like the XPR6550 will do both analog and Trbo digital.

Spankymedic7

Ok folks, I think it's obvious that people either love or hate the Waris line of radios. I have Jedi and Waris line HTs, and like them both...but I digress.

I, too, am a medic and use my 1250 for Fire/EMS, as well as GMRS and HAM. I am fortunate enough to have 2 friends of mine that are able to program mine for me. That being said, I would either find someone who has the gear to program it for you, or go to a Moto shop and have them do it. Before you do, make sure that the list of frequencies that you want is written down, and is final. By that I mean that you should put thought into your channel list, as it can get pricey returning back to the shop and paying another $40-$60.

Take care and stay safe.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Just an FYI but most shops will NOT program a radio with frequencies for which the individual doesn't have an FCC license or a letter of concurrence from the licensee. One of the FCC's rules states that ....."no person shall program into a transmitter frequencies for which the licensee using the transmitter is not authorized," Many shops have been fined (minimum of $16,000) for programing radios with frequencies for which the user didn't have a license. Think of it this way.....would you want a shop programing your licensed frequencies into an individuals radio without your knowledge? The licensee would be cited (and possibly fined) for any improper use of the radio. So be forewarned the shop may ask you for your license or a letter of authorization from the licensee of the frequencies you want programed.
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.