• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola DTR Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobes

Feed Provider
I'm trying to find the latest firmware to flash an older DTR410. I have the USB flash cable but I cant find the flash program or files anywhere. Speaking to Moto they tell me nothing is available. I know that isnt true because newer 410's work in private groups via the new firmware.

Anyone please help

WISCOMM

The only Flash info available on MOL is a PDF instruction guide explaining how it is complete "User Guide for DTR Firmware Upgrade version 3.0" . Nothing in terms of am actual flash program.

Craig

Kf4mnc

To my knowledge the DTR 410 model has never supported the Private Group function. The only models that do are the 550 and 650.

The 410 can only use the public groups.

Kf4mnc

That's what I have figured out too after I purchased the 650's but reading the note from this site Motorola DTR410 Two Way Radio - Digital DTR Series
I figured the firmware was updated.

I'm a fan of the DTR series radios. That said, they are the red-headed step child of Motorola. When you try to get information they are pretty useless. I've run into some weird things with these radios . . . I purchased two 550s used and come to find out they were specially programed for FEMA. They were custom radios that could not be reprogrammed.

It seems like the site you linked to knows a thing or two about them so it might be worth giving them a call to find out. I know I'd sure be interested to know the answer because the 410s can be had much cheaper than the 650s.

jobes

Feed Provider
The 410s being cheaper I cant contest to that. I have a source for the 650s that are very reasonable. I've just purchased twenty of them and dumping the 410.

Meestor_X

I know this is an old thread, but I too am trying to find out about flashing older DTR radios with newer firmware.
Even finding information on how to tell which radios are 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation is difficult, and I have no idea where to find the flashing software let along the actual firmware updates.

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to find the latest firmware to flash an older DTR410. I have the USB flash cable but I cant find the flash program or files anywhere. Speaking to Moto they tell me nothing is available. I know that isnt true because newer 410's work in private groups via the new firmware.

Anyone please help

Well did anyone figure out how to update the firmware?

Meestor_X

So It does work then? I just bought a DTR410 off ebay and I have no idea how old it is.
Shouldn't matter. I've only done 550's and 650's but 410's should work as well. Follow the instructions on my site linked in your quote.

JASII

Memory Capacity
What changes did the new firmware make? I tried looking at the sites linked and I couldn't find it.

tichendorf

DTR firmware files: Motorola DTR Radios - Start Here

Flash cable: You will need an NNTN6367A USB Flash Cable. This cable has been discontinued and is NLA. Google and eBay are your friends.
Finding the correct Flashing cable

You can also build your own flash cable:
Alternatives to Motorola DTR Flash Cable

Good luck.
Any idea how to build a flash cable? There is nothing actually listed on your link about building your own flash cable that I can find. They are impossible to find. I need to update firmware on my DTR550's. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.