Evansville/Vanderburgh County Fire - Radio Checks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Does EFD and or VCFD (county fire) do daily radio checks on the EDCAS system?

If so, what time?

Have collected and identified quite a few RIDs in the past couple of months, and usually the daily radio checks are a great time to fill in the gaps....

Thanks in advance.

spooney

The dispatcher does a daily 6pm pager test where she sends out all the tones, but usually nobody replies back.

mikesjoint

Premium Subscriber
i have a question for that area

i have a friend who moved to evansville, and wants to get into scanning, i am helping him pick out his scanner, .. well here on the site it indicates that it maybe digital and alalog trunking,,,, is evansville using the digital for mobile data terminals and analog for voice traffic,,please help me make the right call for him,,

Thank You
KE4PJM

W9NES

mikesjoint, I would look at a Uniden 396XT for a handheld scanner and a Uniden 996XT for a Base scanner. I would also look at a Uniden Home Patrol HP-1. All three will work just fine in the Evansville/Vanderburgh County area.

mikesjoint

Premium Subscriber
thank you so much, i have been reading on here, and oh boy at the messed up laws there about scanners,,,unlawful outside of your home, unless an amatuer license holder, just like kentucky, i guess im glad to be in tennessee in this reguard.

Thank You
KE4PJM

Status
Not open for further replies.