Parma P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
One hit at 11:27 AM Parma PD. Nothing since or any other TGs. The scanner has been really busy today with much activity on other systems.

budevans

Parma changed control channels again. They are now using 853.93750.

FYI: I've now added all 23 frequency's to the control list.

Last edited:

budevans

Where did that one come from??

..all 23...???

I only have 13.

Rebanding freqs?

I had the 13 from the RR database. So I checked Parma's license on the FCC database. They recently received an extension for (WNQL533) rebanding. I compared the Freq's from the license with the 13 from RR. I ended up with 10 additional freq's.

There are 20 freq's on Parma's extention license (WNQL533). Some but not all are listed on the RR database. Some from the RR database are not listed on the FCC license (WNQL533).

It look like Parma is using some Freq's from it's (old) EDAC license and some from it's P25 license.

OHIOSCAN

Parma rebanding

PROCOMM & UNITRUNKER showed these freqs tonight
851.4625v
851.7375v
852.1500v
852.6750v (Used as CC 5\15\13)
853.6250v
853.9375c
867.4000v
968.8750v

these freqs where active also 5\15\13 but not in use tonight

Mike

Nasby

Good find Bud!

Maybe you could submit those freqs to the database so I can them to my PSR 800 library.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Mike,

What is Procom listing for alternate CC's?

The best way to tell teh current make-up would be to run a pristine copy of Pro96Com out of a different directory so that it repopulates brand new data into a new folder andd you see only the new freqs instead of the old.

Mike

PROCOMM & UNITRUNKER showed these freqs tonight
851.4625v
851.7375v
852.1500v
852.6750v (Used as CC 5\15\13)
853.6250v
853.9375c
867.4000v
968.8750v

these freqs where active also 5\15\13 but not in use tonight

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Folks,

I updated this system with the latest control channel known (853.9375). I left the designation of alternate control channels on the other control channels that were previous CC/AC designated.

What really needs to be done is that somebody who monitors this system [and has a knowledge of using something like Pro96Com, or optionally Unitrunker], should fire up a fresh copy of Pro96Com in a new directory so that there is no chance of mixing of old data with new.

Then run Pro96Com for a couple hours on the new control channel in order to obtain the current alternate control channels and voice channels.

Mike went a long way in doing this, but one thing missing appears to be any mention of what Pro96Com is currently listing as alternate control channels. And there should be at least one alternate.

Anybody up for running a pristine copy of Pro96Com on the new control channel and then submitting or posting the latest setup?

Thanks

Mike

OHIOSCAN

What really needs to be done is that somebody who monitors this system [and has a knowledge of using something like Pro96Com, or optionally Unitrunker], should fire up a fresh copy of Pro96Com in a new directory so that there is no chance of mixing of old data with new.

I ran both Pro96com & Unitrunker new installs about an hour each, no alternate cc showed. When the CC changed a couple freqs changed as I posted. I will try it today if I get time and see what pop's up.

Mike

budevans

Parma Pro96com today

Here's pic of the data for the Parma P25 system from Pro96com (new directory no old data) today.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Here's pic of the data for the Parma P25 system from Pro96com (new directory no old data) today.

Thanks Bud!

I changed around the control channels listed. I added 853.625. I left any frequency that was previously listed in the DB in the DB, for now. I don't know how often you monitor this system with Pro96Com, but after a week or so, if nothing has changed and no additional frequencies have shown to be in use besides what you show above, let me know and I'll remove the frequencies that don't appear to be a part of the active system.

Currently the simulcast site shows 15 freqs out of a total 24 licensed (or a total of 26 licensed if you count that Parma FD trunked license tacked onto the DB). I'm anticipating more changes over time, as I imagine you are.

Mike

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Mike,

What is Procom listing for alternate CC's?

Mike,

It's a Harris system; unlike Motorola single-site systems which only have up to four control channels, Harris systems can use any channel for control.

As such, all frequencies have to be entered in the radio.

Tom

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Mike,

It's a Harris system; unlike Motorola single-site systems which only have up to four control channels, Harris systems can use any channel for control.

As such, all frequencies have to be entered in the radio.

Tom

Ugh, you're kiddin? I never heard of that before. This system didnt' previously have them all listed. I went ahead and lit it up like a Christmas tree :)

Mike

FFAndy

making progress

Ok now im confused. I programmed all the frequencies into my scanner using freescan like wa8pyr said. I heard Parma dispatch med 4 to a call and them calling enrout but I havent heard anything since. I noticed on freescan control channels only is checked and it wont allow me to uncheck the box. so my question is if harris uses any channel as a control channel how to i set this system to scan all frequencies and not just the control channels?

budevans

New CC

Ok now im confused. I programmed all the frequencies into my scanner using freescan like wa8pyr said. I heard Parma dispatch med 4 to a call and them calling enrout but I havent heard anything since. I noticed on freescan control channels only is checked and it wont allow me to uncheck the box. so my question is if harris uses any channel as a control channel how to i set this system to scan all frequencies and not just the control channels?

The control channel (now) is 851.46250.

FFAndy, to avoid constant outages and updates you want to enter all of the Parma Freq's as Control Channels.

This is why i have always had all 10 frequencys in my scanner then one day got the FCC data base seen the new reband frequencys so now i have all 20 in my scanner and i have never missed a call when their old ones are done i'll remove them.

FFAndy

I have them all programmed in. I dont know how to turn off the scan control only option that freescan set for this system when programming. I dont see the option when i try to do it manually. Freescan has the scan control frequencies only checked and i cant unselect it.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I have them all programmed in. I dont know how to turn off the scan control only option that freescan set for this system when programming. I dont see the option when i try to do it manually. Freescan has the scan control frequencies only checked and i cant unselect it.

You won't be able to unselect control channel only, but you do need to have all of the system frequencies entered in the control channel list. Since Mike marked all of the channels as either control or alternate they should all download just fine (I confirmed by downloading it as a new system with Freescan the other day).

It's also possible, on medic runs at least, that they're doing most of their communicating via MCT or cell phone. Some departments have a more extreme interpretation of HIPAA requirements than others, with the result being limited radio traffic on EMS runs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.