Allen Co Public Safety Feed static

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjonesftw

Hello, I'm the feed provider for Allen County Public Safety. I'm receiving some static in the feed that I can't seem to kill. I'm using a Pro 197 scanner. The static is infrequent enough that I can't seem to catch it when I observe the scanner (not at my home). I send ID tags along with it so if anyone could help me track down what talkgroup it's coming through I'd be grateful. Tonight I locked out the special events talkgroup that's an analog voice but it's still happening. Any help you can offer would be good. Also, does anyone have the scoop on the new system they're installing? I know the tower is going up now, because the bucket truck installing it ended up in the river.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
If the problem is intermittent try checking the frequency not the TG. The system on my feed has twenty-eight frequencies. Several of them have static/interference. One frequency has a constant interfering signal and will actually "lockup" if not using CC only mode. The problem is the system assigned frequency not any particular TG. I am hoping this clears up after rebanding is completed. Is your system in the process of rebanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.