Lancaster County UHF Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2ops

Word from 911 is that they will be testing the three tower system June 5 and 6. Testing will be in and around Lancaster City and the Millersville area. I will be visiting June 2-6 and will be listening to the tests. Any scanners listeners that would like to get with me please email jim@otrym.org. I'll be preparing a follow up story on Lancaster County 911's new UHF T system for National Communications. Hope to determine some talkgroups during that time.

lancopa

Word from 911 is that they will be testing the three tower system June 5 and 6. Testing will be in and around Lancaster City and the Millersville area. I will be visiting June 2-6 and will be listening to the tests. Any scanners listeners that would like to get with me please email jim@otrym.org. I'll be preparing a follow up story on Lancaster County 911's new UHF T system for National Communications. Hope to determine some talkgroups during that time.

They are letting the users of the system use the radios and test them out. I believe it will be the millersville area. I don't know if the talk groups they will be using will actually be part of the system, I don't think the mapping for the layout is done (is it?).

I thought it was later in June too.

On their website:

http://www.lcwc911.us/lcwc/Portals/0/LCWC-Phase-1-User-Demos.pdf

Last edited:

n2ops

Lancaster Co Testing has Begun

Control is 476.0125. Testing heard thruout the day Wednesday in East Lampeter on 476.2500 and 476.5375. Very slow CW ID also heard.

n2ops

Lancaster County Testing

My PRO96 did not indicate any talkgroups. Could not tell exactly what mode they were using with this early model scanner. CW was on 476.8000. Some of the time the comms were garbled. They spoke to "console" and to each other.

chankel

Premium Subscriber
There was brief encrypted traffic on TG ID 100 this afternoon around 4:45 PM, heard around south central Lancaster city.

n2ops

Control Signal Range

As I headed home Thursday afternoon I could hear the control signal from the test site til just before Elizabethtown in the handheld in the car.

SCPD

QRT
Wow, Fire and EMS will finally deactivate their old analog low band radio system? Sad day. I'm sure it won't be for a while but it's coming. This is one of my favorite systems to monitor... nothing like good old CSQ low band skip!

lancopa

There was brief encrypted traffic on TG ID 100 this afternoon around 4:45 PM, heard around south central Lancaster city.

Let's just hope that was a test to figure out if the encryption works or not. I thought if the agency wanted it, they had to pay per radio. It wasn't going to be like dauphin county where everything was encrypted from the start.

chankel

Premium Subscriber
The next day two men were doing range testing in the clear on TG 100. Perhaps they will follow the lead of some other counties that have only encrypted drug investigation, surveillance, ERT / SWAT, internal affairs, and EOD.

An alternate strapped encrypted dispatch channel would also be a good idea for OPSEC and counter-counter-surveillance reasons in the event of some scenarios, such as a well-coordinated terrorist attack.

SCPD

QRT
The next day two men were doing range testing in the clear on TG 100. Perhaps they will follow the lead of some other counties that have only encrypted drug investigation, surveillance, ERT / SWAT, internal affairs, and EOD.

An alternate strapped encrypted dispatch channel would also be a good idea for OPSEC and counter-counter-surveillance reasons in the event of some scenarios, such as a well-coordinated terrorist attack.

I find it funny when agencies use "Terror" as a reason for encrypting their system... why would that stop them? Look at London...

Rumors I have heard is that Dispatching will still take place on 33.90. Some time ago there was some chatter of using one of the old VHF-Hi police freqs for dispatching but nothing concrete

All interested, you will hear activity on June 26th and 27th pretty much all day both days. LCWC is having a dog and pony show those days to demo some of the equipment to the users. this will be in Millersville.

Also anyone with experience with a RS Pro-197 scanner please contact me. I cant figure out how to load this stuff in my scanner from the database. Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:

lancopa

Is anyone able to record and post some of the audio?

I need to get a digital scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.