Buyer Beware, Do not deal with this guy at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewie27

Just an FYI:

If a seller by the name Eric Bloom from Burbank, CA ever posts sales for Motorola radios, do yourselves a favor and ignore them.

Here's why:

Over a year and a half ago I bought a Motorola MTX 800Mhz radio from him for $250 to use at my work.

About 6 months later, I contacted him to reprogram everything because my security company no longer used analog and I just wanted L.A. Fire Dept on there instead. He agreed to program it for free and return it asap.

Months went by, no response to emails or texts.

few more months... He replied, "I've been busy".

Later he said, "Thanksgiving week, I have a week off and will send it back to you." (Nov 2012)

Still "too busy"....

2 months ago he supposedly dropped it off at the post office...
It got "LOST".

This week I messaged him online and he ignored all my messages.

His wife got on his email and says I have to pay him for programming....

Today he said he would send me a replacement radio in "8 weeks" after his business trip.
----As is. Without programming it!

He has since blocked me on Facebook and says to no longer contact him anymore.

A year holding my radio, losing it in the mail, and his wife has the nerves to say I owe him money??? I paid $250 for the radio and it was lost!

Total B.S.!

DO NOT BUY FROM ERIC BLOOM EVER! He puts a lot of adds up on Facebook's Fire Hall Flea Market. Stay away.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Thanks I'll keep tht in mind, I've actually been looking at some of his radios, but will stay away now!!! Thank god for this forum.

kma371

QRT
I'm confused. did you pay him for the programming or not? And in the original purchase, was programming included forever?

jewie27

I bought the radio for $250 cash and a few months later I asked him to reprogram it he said he would be free and I never got it backlost in the mail

RIVERSMVP09

Just an FYI:

If a seller by the name Eric Bloom from Burbank, CA ever posts sales for Motorola radios, do yourselves a favor and ignore them.

Here's why:

Over a year and a half ago I bought a Motorola MTX 800Mhz radio from him for $250 to use at my work.

About 6 months later, I contacted him to reprogram everything because my security company no longer used analog and I just wanted L.A. Fire Dept on there instead. He agreed to program it for free and return it asap.

Months went by, no response to emails or texts.

few more months... He replied, "I've been busy".

Later he said, "Thanksgiving week, I have a week off and will send it back to you." (Nov 2012)

Still "too busy"....

2 months ago he supposedly dropped it off at the post office...
It got "LOST".

This week I messaged him online and he ignored all my messages.

His wife got on his email and says I have to pay him for programming....

Today he said he would send me a replacement radio in "8 weeks" after his business trip.
----As is. Without programming it!

He has since blocked me on Facebook and says to no longer contact him anymore.

A year holding my radio, losing it in the mail, and his wife has the nerves to say I owe him money??? I paid $250 for the radio and it was lost!

Total B.S.!

DO NOT BUY FROM ERIC BLOOM EVER! He puts a lot of adds up on Facebook's Fire Hall Flea Market. Stay away.

Take him to court.

Contact the local police,Detectives division,the item retails for how much,,regardless of what You paid.the cost is far over the larceny benchmark in most jurisdictions.In short not returning the radio can be considered theft.

This dope gets a call or visit from a local LEO he may drop a brick in his pants,or better,scare the daylights out of his wife and She will hammer him into submission.

If not,make sure you have Emails,Texts and your shipping info showing that the radio was indeed
shipped and received..also the facebook info..

on the vendors side(i use that LOOSELY) He will have to show he indeed sent it out.and then its in the carriers hands.

But usually a call from a local detective to the doer will be enough..

GoodLuck Mate!

reconrider8

Wayne i have to disagree leave it open to get teh word out. This IS a radio site and that IS radio related it cant hurt it can only inform the radio listener. just my thoughts

D

DaveNF2G

Why is it not in the above-referenced Buyer Feedback Forum?

D

DaveNF2G

Ahh, after rereading post #6, I had to go back and reread post #1. All clear now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.