• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Moto XTS 3000 Model I issue's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfpolacko

Premium Subscriber
Hey y'all how are ya guys? Okay I'm having some issues with my Motorola XTS 3000 I VHF.First issue is that receiving issues in P25 (Astro) when listening to some freq's like Rock Fire 155.715 with NAC 540 where its all garble I don't know if its the Digital is supposed to sound or weather its on the county side.... I picked up a short stubby antenna that ranges from 136-174MHZ I don't really know if there's some adjusting that needs to be done or maybe fine tuning... I am using a purchased version of CPS from Motorola ($$$ lol). Second issue is that I just bought a new battery but it seems to be doing the same thing as the old one where when I charge it overnight and go and pull it off the charger it beeps at me like the battery is weak or low charge so I put it back on there and it charges fine and it does it from time to time so I don't know if its the charger or the battery

Thanks in advance guys

X

xts3000r

stubby antenna could. be why your Digital is. garbled. can you pm me your email. i can look at your. codepluge and see if it needs to be set. up. i would buy a wide-band antenna. that would help

rc50won

Premium Subscriber
It looks like Rock County FD and PD are encrypted. Most likely your model I does not have an encryption board installed so you will hear the actual encrypted comms. If you had an encryption board installed, you would hear noting, unless of course you had the correct key programmed.

Marshall

jfpolacko

Premium Subscriber
It looks like Rock County FD and PD are encrypted. Most likely your model I does not have an encryption board installed so you will hear the actual encrypted comms. If you had an encryption board installed, you would hear noting, unless of course you had the correct key programmed.

Marshall

Thanks but I already got it figured out. And Rock Co Fire and Sheriff is not encrypted. I figured out the problem was in the radio.... :cool:

Sent using US Cellular's Samsung Galaxy S3

rc50won

Premium Subscriber
The encrypted tag showed up on a Google search. Can't believe everything you read on the internet I guess..

jfpolacko

Premium Subscriber
The encrypted tag showed up on a Google search. Can't believe everything you read on the internet I guess..

The only thing encrypted is Beloit PD Tac 4 which is used for Drug/Gang Unit the rest of the county is unencrypted. Now there were talks of encryption but it would've costed the county more than they wanted to spend

Sent using US Cellular's Samsung Galaxy S3

kayfox

Normally ASTRO(25) radios will not unmute on encrypted P25 transmissions which they don't have the key for. So, something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.