Marquette County Radio System Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium Subscriber
RESOLUTION TO CONTRACT FOR CONSULTANT SERVICES FOR RADIO SYSTEM COST REVIEW
WHEREAS, the County of Marquette is proceeding with planning for needed upgrades to the emergency
communication system and has developed pricing and quotes for equipment and installation of equipment related to
the radio system upgrade for all emergency responders, and
WHEREAS, the Marquette County Ad Hoc Committee on Long Term Projects recommended to the
Marquette County Property Committee to engage in a financial contract with Elert and Associates to review and
critique the pricing of the radio system upgrade from Communications Service Wisconsin LLC of Portage,
Wisconsin, and
WHEREAS, the Marquette County Property Committee recommends the acceptance of the contract with
Elert and Associates to perform the duties as described in their suggested contract and report back to Marquette
County their finds and conclusion.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that Marquette County shall engage in a financial contract with
Elert and Associates for a fee not to exceed $12,000.00 for services to be performed as specifically stated in the
contract and report back to Marquette County with their findings and conclusion. The purpose of securing said
services is to have Elert and Associates review costs provided by the vendor and to represent Marquette County
interests with regard to any negotiating of costs the consultant determines to be warranted, and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, the consulting fee shall be paid from the Special Projects account and said
cost is to be reimbursed to the Special Projects account in the event this project is approved and financed at a
future point in time.

Narrow banding really hurt this system but the solution is 2 more towers ( they only have 2 now) not a new system.
The funny thing is they got 1 bid from M and nothing else. Wonder if Elert brings that up in the review ? I wonder if M is pushing Turbo here ? Marquette is very limited in budget... I think adding 2 towers is the most cost effective as they added all new VHF equipment and repeaters/ microwave links less then 5 years ago.

Tim

Feed Provider
I guess they weren't impressed with WISCOM? It seems like that would be the logical way to go.

Tim

Premium Subscriber
I guess they weren't impressed with WISCOM? It seems like that would be the logical way to go.

Tim
I don't think WISCOM coverage is all that great in Marquette ? They have talk groups in the system ?

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Narrow banding really hurt this system but the solution is 2 more towers ( they only have 2 now) not a new system.
The funny thing is they got 1 bid from M and nothing else. Wonder if Elert brings that up in the review ? I wonder if M is pushing Turbo here ? Marquette is very limited in budget... I think adding 2 towers is the most cost effective as they added all new VHF equipment and repeaters/ microwave links less then 5 years ago.

Yes, they are tight on money. Everything else you mentioned is not accurate.

Premium Subscriber
Yes, they are tight on money. Everything else you mentioned is not accurate.

I used that system for 3 years..... know many involved including 2 county board members and 3 fire chiefs personally. I think my insight is correct

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
I used that system for 3 years..... know many involved including 2 county board members and 3 fire chiefs personally. I think my insight is correct

That's great and all, but your still not correct in your original statement.

I could give you exact equipment information, dates and locations.

However, as the current radio vendor for Marquette County, I am unable to release details per my employer policies.

I can say this, nothing will change on how you monitor them now.

Premium Subscriber
That's great and all, but your still not correct in your original statement.

I could give you exact equipment information, dates and locations.

However, as the current radio vendor for Marquette County, I am unable to release details per my employer policies.

I can say this, nothing will change on how you monitor them now.

Posting there would be an upgrade and taking a stab as to what it might be. You can't deny narrow banding hurt can you ?

Get the can't disclose publicly part... thanks for the info R8000

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Posting there would be an upgrade and taking a stab as to what it might be. You can't deny narrow banding hurt can you ?

Get the can't disclose publicly part... thanks for the info R8000

Oh yea, narrowbanding hurt them badly. Sadly, most counties that are still using single site transmit are hurting.

This is still early in the process, so details could change. I wish I could say more *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.