Cedar County Fire Analog/P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Just curious if anyone else has been hearing Cedar County doing some testing with P25 on its county fire frequency? It sounds like a mixed mode repeater of some sort has been installed.

Tim

dreg

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Tim, I believe cedar county put up links or repeaters around the county , I can actually hear them 100% better, I think the techs were testing different modes

timkilbride

Database Admin
Dreg - Thanks for your report.

I was only monitoring them in between my transmission on another frequency with the radio on scan. So I would miss parts of the testing. They were coming in pretty good on the East side of Iowa City.

Tim

dreg

Premium Subscriber
also Tim I think the techs were testing the link with Linn County on their new P25 system that might have been the digital traffic you and I heard

timkilbride

Database Admin
I heard only testing done in P25. I do not regularly monitor Cedar County so I do not know if they use the P25 for calls or not.

Tim

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
Currently, all Fire and EMS traffic is still Analog using 141.3 PL. Sheriff Traffic is all P25 now. And while the coverage may be better in Wheatland now, the signal here in Muscatine is not as good as it was. I have to have my antenna in just the right location to hear them, and I didn't have that problem before.

dreg

Premium Subscriber
I agree with you 100% , Sheriff signal here is solid and yes Fire and EMS are still analog ,I will pass along any changes that I hear and getting excited about your changes in Muscatine on the Starcom System in Illinois.

Status
Not open for further replies.