Greene, IA Butler Co analog or digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thexrock

Hi, Anyone know if Butler Co (greene) is in digital or analog, I see two different frequencies for both, was looking some additional info for this area?

thanks

thexrock

yea I see that when i click on license it shows that they both expired, so does that mean they are still on analog, digital or both? And i m not sure if I need to add the input whether its either analog or digital as well?

thanks

IowaGuy1603

yea I see that when i click on license it shows that they both expired, so does that mean they are still on analog, digital or both? And i m not sure if I need to add the input whether its either analog or digital as well?

thanks

It woudn't be the first time that a department ran on an expired license

plug in the frequency and see if you hear anything......

thexrock

It woudn't be the first time that a department ran on an expired license

plug in the frequency and see if you hear anything......

yea, maybe that isnt such a big deal, I did try the freq, i get a little bit now and then, but do I need to plug in the tone as well?

thx

thexrock

Next time I am in your area I will check......I have Butler Co in my scanner and will enable it when I go to Charles City

That would be great, let me know what you find out. I m still not understanding the whole Tone column if you really need it or not and if not why its there, I know on my other freq I just put it in for the heck of it but on that digital one (293 NAC) not sure how to throw that in my scanner at this point.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
Most of the time they are P25, but I have still heard a little bit of analog from time to time. It seems like they have both programmed into the radios and sometimes the car will be analog and dispatch will be digital.

If you don't have a digital capable scanner, you will want to enter the tone in your scanner to keep it from stopping on the digital transmissions.
If you do have a digital capable scanner, you can program both versions in separately or you can leave it without the tone or NAC so it stops on everything.

Last edited:

thexrock

Most of the time they are P25, but I have still heard a little bit of analog from time to time. It seems like they have both programmed into the radios and sometimes the car will be analog and dispatch will be digital. That is why both are listed in the database as you will need both programmed in to hear both formats.

I see, makes sense. I m using a bcd396xt at the moment and I pick up most of the stuff, I m sure i need to tweek it still.

Last edited:

IowaGuy1603

Let me know if you have any additional questions. You can PM me directly.

egams isn't too far from you.....................and knows what he is talking about

I don't have any idea how to program your scanner ..........my PSR800 programs right off the RR database.....so I don't bother learning how to do it manually :)

thexrock

egams isn't too far from you.....................and knows what he is talking about

I don't have any idea how to program your scanner ..........my PSR800 programs right off the RR database.....so I don't bother learning how to do it manually :)

oh ok, no problem, I basically know how, i guess i dont have too much to program for Butler and dont think i can pickup any thing too far away w/o having a bigger antenna which i dont really wanna buy yet.

IowaGuy1603

PM Eric (egrams)..................he will give you a hand

From Greene with a hand held you should be able to listen to Cerro Gordo, Mason City and maybe even the Waterloo system along with Chickasaw, & Bremer and Floyd Counties

Might not get all of the traffic but you might.....................

Last edited:

thexrock

PM Eric (egrams)..................he will give you a hand

From Greene with a hand held you should be able to listen to Cerro Gordo, Mason City and maybe even the Waterloo system along with Chickasaw, & Bremer and Floyd Counties

Might not get all of the traffic but you might.....................

Ok, sounds good, I will give it a shot and see what I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.