Are There Any Railroad Police Agencies On Statewide Trunked Radio Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
As posted above, I am just wondering if there are any railroad police agencies that operate on state trunked radio systems anywhere around the United States?

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that if you are hearing railroad police on a TRS, there is always the possibility that the officer may be a reserve at a state or local agency as well. Railroad officers sometimes keep reserve status at other agencies to keep up to date on certain law enforcement skills.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
When they are operating as a reserve, would they still use the same TG and identify with the railroad callsign?

ecps92

Mass Bay Transit Authority Police (Metro Boston) is T-Band, but also patched into the MBTA EDACS and have begun using the Mass State Police 700/800 TRS

As posted above, I am just wondering if there are any railroad police agencies that operate on state trunked radio systems anywhere around the United States?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Northern Indiana Commuter District (the South Shore Line) between Chicago and South Bend have access to Indiana Hoosier SAFE-T

NJ Transit PD now on statewide 700 MHz Phase II trunked system. Also being rebroadcast on the NJ State Police 800 MHz statewide trunked system. All talk groups and frequencies can be found in the Radio Reference database.

Nawton

I'm not sure if it's considered a statewide system, but the MTA police assigned to the Staten Island Railway are on the New York State Police Metro-25 system.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
In Minnesota, Rail Agents are NOT licensed Police Officers, but BNSF Agents in the Metro have Interop access to ARMER.
Metro Transit and BNSF, operates MNRX NorthStar Communter Rail (and most other transit in the MSP area), has their own Police Department that does all of their operations on ARMER.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
In Indiana, Norfolk Southern, Canadian National, and Northern Indiana Commuter Transit Police are planning to have talkgroups on the new upgraded P-25 Phase I Project Hoosier SAFE-T.

slapshot0017

In Indiana, Norfolk Southern, Canadian National, and Northern Indiana Commuter Transit Police are planning to have talkgroups on the new upgraded P-25 Phase I Project Hoosier SAFE-T.

Wait a second NS utilizes conventional NXDN Encrpyted. I wonder if they will be utilizing the new dual mode Kenwood series.

Status
Not open for further replies.