MEMA not paging out as much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that MEMA is not paging out or two tone paging what it used too. My two tone pager would go off for weather announcements, 3+ alarm fires and special announcements. I am now hearing these announcements with no two tone page. Does anyone know if MEMA changed their paging policies? Did they update their page tones?

Thank you

lfde649

Im pretty sure they changed there alert tone when they announce a weather warning or multi alarm fire.

D

DaveNF2G

There is a tremendous amount of MEMA paging being carried over commercial digital paging networks.

Maybe they have shut down their own paging rather than support the ongoing maintenance expense.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
I am now hearing a lot of 5 tone paging on their frequencies. Not sure what happened to their two tone. All the MEMA radios in EOC's were all programmed with two tone. I do know that MEMA just switched out a lot of radios maybe they weren't programmed correctly.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
apparently the radio shop is working on the system now and the tones are back, but there is now a new two tone being used. can anyone decode it?

Thanks

zappbravo

Premium Subscriber
We've just been using the standard Alert 3 or 1 on the Motorola consoles, we have't used the two tone alert in over a month.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
Hello

Maybe you can help me understand the new mema paging. I have heard 2 types of alerts over the past week. I heard alert testing with car 5 that consisted of 2 sets of two tone pages. I have also heard what I believe is a 5 tone alert for state rehab and weather alerts.

Thank you

zappbravo

Premium Subscriber
Hello

Maybe you can help me understand the new mema paging. I have heard 2 types of alerts over the past week. I heard alert testing with car 5 that consisted of 2 sets of two tone pages. I have also heard what I believe is a 5 tone alert for state rehab and weather alerts.

Thank you

We switched over to the Motorola MDC 7500 consoles about a month ago (which is tied into the new state core radio system). Before we had the Motorola 4500 and the CentraCOM Consoles... The 4500 doing the VHF/UHF and the CentraCOM doing all the 800 work. Since the switch over we were have problems with the two-tone alert going out, so the executive decision was to just use the stock Motorola tones until the problem could be fixed by the radio contractors. There is no "set" tone to use, but we've been alternating from using the "Long Tone" (Alert 1) and the "Beep Tone" (Alert 3). From what we're aware of the problem should hopefully be fixed soon, I myself miss the two-tone alert. With the MDC 7500 console, we're now able to broadcast our alerts over VHF, UHF, and 800 (MEMA Tac Channels and DCR Channels) simultaniously.

As for you guys saying there is a expense issue, or anything like that - absolutely not the truth. Just a technical snafoo which should hopefully be fixed. Thanks! :)

Nate

Last edited:

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
Hi Nate. Thank you for the information. Is MEMA going back to using the two tone paging once the bugs are fixed? Do you know the tones or new tones that are used?

Thank you!!

zappbravo

Premium Subscriber
I believe it will be the same tone, but if it changes.. I'm sure Car 5 will get it out to everyone so they can make the proper changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.