BCT15X Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0TDL

Howdy all , I am the proud new owner of a Uniden BCT15X , I ran into a small problem , Usingg the provided prog cable and a USB to RS-232 i am NOT able to connect to scanner from PC on a windows 8 machine , I am able to connect via a Windows seven machine . My question is how do i connect to a windows 8 machine if at all possible?

I did serch for this topic , and was not aware that there is another thread about this

Thanks John - N0TDL
www.facebook.com/SMRSSW

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
If the Windows 7 machine can talk to the Scanner, than I would bet the scanner is working fine. Double check the data connections on the Windows 8 Machine. Do you have the correct Com Port and Baud Rate?

If that all looks correct, can you use the USB to Serial adapter on the Windows 8 machine to communicate with any other Serial Device? It might be that the USB to Serial drivers may not work on Windows 8 ?

N0TDL

Thanks for replying , I think it's a driver issue , I have both machines set up the same way com and baud . I think it's the windows 8 machine only . Oh well until i can do more internet research i will just use the windows 7 machine

Status
Not open for further replies.