Clay County Speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.

cifn2

Feed Provider
I am interested in trying to locate the frequency used by Clay Co Speedway. I am figuring it to be a business band vhf or uhf, maybe a racing channel. I have been unable to find a license for the owner, track, or current operator of the track. I am guessing either unlicensed, or an unlicensed band such as FRS, or MURS. Any ideas where to look or know where it is located?

shadcall

It might be possible that they lease radios from a company that specializes in that type of thing. In that case you would need to know the name of the company and go from there. If you are close enough to the race track and have a scanner that has a close call type feature you can go out there and use that feature and perhaps come up with some of the frequencies.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
If they use raceceivers (one way tower-driver radios) then those are probably on 454.000, about 99% of tracks use that frequency for that purpose.

cubn

Database Admin
I’ve been to over 20 dirt tracks and every track I’ve been to except one used unlicensed frequencies and overwhelmingly they used the itinerant frequencies. A few tracks have used odd ball other frequencies such as in the 451’s or 467-470 range. I first scan the itinerant channels and if I don’t hear them, I look at the antenna on their radios and either search the VHF or UHF bands. Close Call helps too if you have that.

cifn2

Feed Provider
TThe rules dont allow for in car communications of any kind. But I know the track is on one channel, because they have a portable at the concession office and I have heard the track crews ob the ground talking. They use some older looking radios so I doubt leased but possible. They looked like Icoms or Vertex which I know tells us nothing, since they make both vhf and uhf models. My 996 has close call and I could head out there and plug it into my inverter and a dual band antenna and see what I can come up with.
The main reason I am wanting is to monitor requests for emergency services to the track. I am part of the EMS crew and normally in the crowd and not always able to see whether or not additional assistance is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.