Champaign County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbud42010

Heard a unit and the dispatcher having radio trouble earlier today the SO unit said something about having bad radios and the dispatcher responded i agree with you and hopefully that is fixed sunday so i take it they might be getting the programmed radios for their system sunday. I did hear unit 16 a few months back testing coverage through out the county on a test talkgroup on the new MARCS P25IP system so i will be listening sunday for any new talkgroups on the P25 MARCS

pvf

Cruisers being outfitted with MARCS currently and conversion will be completed by January 2014.

pvf

Thursday transition I heard and encrypted, too boot.

Last edited:

bigbud42010

I was hoping they did switch at midnight i heard some radio test traffic on TGRP 10298 Alot and some other TGRPS also and i did hear unit 24 talking on TGRP 10298 but i don't know if it was urbana PD or champaign county so

pvf

CCSO I heard will be encrypted??? Or, this is just a head fake from someone who's been pulling my leg since 4th grade...

SCPD

QRT
champaign

I was listening to them on the Springfield tower in the clear, but with Clark and OSP going I don't need to hear whats up in a county away. I can still remember the old days when Clark and Champaign used to both have common freqs, what a nightmare that was.

pvf

Definitely encrypted. Urbana PD still on analog, not sure when they're switching. I'm sure they'll want to encrypt too now. Anyone aware of any other city, county LEA's encrypting in OH?

SCPD

QRT
Champaign

Kinfolk knows his stuff when it comes to this. If he says they aren't and I can hear them on Springfield tower in the clear in South Vienna, I think it is safe to say your source is incorrect.

andyishere

I am able to pick up Champaign County perfectly from my house. Like previously stated, your source is pulling your leg. The only agency I know of according to the RR Database that has encryption on the new MARCS-IP system in Clark County Sheriff Office. They have several encrypted tac channels. Anyone hear anything about SPD and SFRD switching over to MARCS lately?

bigbud42010

I can confirm Champaign county is NOT encrypted their TAC channel is not either but a few months back they were doing radio testing and i caught a encrypted TGRP 10319 is the TGRP. Clark county is only encrypted cause they think everyone is the US listens to their radio traffic and is against them so they have to call in or go to TAC 3 for certain calls!!

pvf

Sorry for the misinformation guys, I was indeed being "pranked." I don't yet own a digital scanner but I'm on pre-order for the new Uniden and was going to cancel if CCSO was encrypted.

Wow, Clark is encrypted? I guess I'm not too surprised but I am. As the great Jimmy Trafficant used to say, "BEAM ME UP!"

NateDogg1110

Champaign County SO is operating the main dispatch channel on a non-encrypted talkgoup. There are several encrypted talkgroups which are being used for secure radio traffic and special operations. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.