Mountain Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave911

Premium Subscriber
I've entered the trunk and conventional frequencies I've found here but still don't hear Mountain Brook. Is it just me? Is anyone hearing Mountain Brook? If so, what frequency? Thanks!

scanrfan

Mountain Brook PD & FD are on the Jeff Co Trunked System. The TGID's are as follows:
MBFD - Dispatch 25168; MBFD - Tac 25200, 25264, 25296
MBPD - Dispatch 25232: MBPD - Tac 25040, 25072, 2504.

I hear the PD and the FD regularly and quiet well on just the rubber duck that comes with the BC 396XT. I don't hear the Tac TGID's for either the PD or the FD very often, but occasionally one will be active for a brief period.

medic9351301

Banned
this is correct mt.brook is p-25 digital. have not heard the pd but i dont listen to the pd but fire is loud and clear. they use tac freqs on all major fires have heard them numerous times. the pd uses tac freqs durring football seasons

puzzleriddle

Mountain Brook PD & FD are on the Jeff Co Trunked System. The TGID's are as follows:
MBFD - Dispatch 25168; MBFD - Tac 25200, 25264, 25296
MBPD - Dispatch 25232: MBPD - Tac 25040, 25072, 2504.

I hear the PD and the FD regularly and quiet well on just the rubber duck that comes with the BC 396XT. I don't hear the Tac TGID's for either the PD or the FD very often, but occasionally one will be active for a brief period.

ya may want to move the radio to a different location , try another antenna or check radio inside for loose connection. GL & need more help just holler

rjviola12

Dave, P-25 is correct. Used it last night with the weather issues. I can hear them fine from here in Lake View. Another skywatcher could hear them well in Hueytown.

dave911

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much for the help! I guess Birmingham PD/FD were talking so much that I just didn't hear them. I put in the TG's you all gave me and they're working for me now. Thanks again!

scanrfan

JeffCo TRS Activity-Mt Brook

B'ham PD/FD and JCSO are the most active agencies on the Jeff Co system. Most of what you hear will probably be for B'ham or Jeff Co. Irondale PD & Trussville PD are probably the next most active agencies with MAXX and Jeff Co R & T (Roads & Transportation) being fairly active. During the school year, the B O E (Board of Education) TGs are quite active, especially for the buses in the morning and afternoons and for football games on Thursday/Friday. As for the other "smaller" agencies, it is a "catch as catch can" proposition or just plain old fashioned luck.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
SCANRFAN:For Mountain Brook PD, you listed three TAC talkgroup IDs but the last one you listed - 2504 - is missing a digit. Could you share the correct ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.