Alabama Highway Patrol--Frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydoe

I have progamed in all the freq. from the database for the public safety--I am however only receiving one side of conversations on "154.9200."

My question is: does anyone have a "more updated" or "more complete" list of state police freq.?

Thanks,

Trunkster2002

154.920 is dispatch only, the troopers talk back to the post on 155.445
158.790 is dispatch only, the troopers talk back to the post on 159.030

the troopers here in my area use 158.790 to talk car to car. the post can't hear them.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Adding to that...

With them being simplex channels, you won't always hear both sides. I can hear the Mobile Post just fine here in Foley but it's rare that I pick up the units themselves. I know if I DO pick them up, they are within miles of me.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
In addition to what everyone has said, I've never used a delay on the base and mobile frequencies. That way, as soon as the base finishes transmitting, the scanner will immediately start scanning and pick up the mobile unit transmitting (provided the mobile is in range....)

Warren

jimcordes2

And if you are ever in the Chilton County area State Troopers use 155.595 (Chilton County SO Channel) while they are patrolling. I dont know if they do in other counties in Bama or not. I figure it is because we are here in the woods and they have a hard time picking up Mont and/or Birm transmissions here. We are what you would call tweeners just far enough between not to pick up a whole lot of metro traffic from either.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Just another example of "800 technology"... Much more equipment is needed to do the same job as a VHF hi-band system... all to the benefit of the major communications companies making profits hand over fist and putting the lives of Public Safety personnel in jeopardy with dead spots and poor range.

jcromin

Decatur State Trooper Frequencies

I used to hear the Decatur post on 158.79 and cars on 159.03. Now I hear both post and cars on 155.445. When did this frequency change occur?

tidepride_1

Transmitting & Receiving frequence's

I am searching for the transmitting an receiving frequencies for Hanceville Dispatch, an Hanceville fire dept, an Cullman Co. Sheriff Dept, an also Wallace State police, an Cullman City Police an State Trooper frequencie' for my Police belt radio, does anyone know where I can find these codes for my duty radio.

N4LX

askdaniel1

I am searching for the transmitting an receiving frequencies for Hanceville Dispatch, an Hanceville fire dept, an Cullman Co. Sheriff Dept, an also Wallace State police, an Cullman City Police an State Trooper frequencie' for my Police belt radio, does anyone know where I can find these codes for my duty radio.

Your radio should already have all of that if you are permitted to have it, I assume you have bought your own off th internet? Message me and I will help, if I can. I pretty much either program, or aid in the programming of everything in Cullman Co..

pilotman6012

In Lawrence ALEA does use SO frequency,the other evening on a traffic stop Trooper had a vehicle that had several people and called SO on their frequency and told them his exact location,he had 2 SO cars assist quickly.

Scanner_Rider

When our local LEAs went P25, My program search on my scanner started showing ALEA using all the former county repeater frequencies that went silent with the P25 conversion.

I recently drove from Huntsville to Birmingham and back hearing both sides of the troop E and F communications with the Decatur base.

The old car to car frequencies I only heard AlEA traffic between construction zone enforcement units.

Status
Not open for further replies.