Anyone have SRD# or rtl2832 running on windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckinnc

I bought two of the rtl2832/820 dongles and upverter, I setup one on the win xp desktop and it works great (thanks to youtube vids). Now I want to setup the other one up on the windows 8 laptop. I have not seen anything on sdr# page about supporting win 8, just win 7, also have not seem anything on the youtube videos like there are for xp and win 7. Has anyone got sdr# running on win 8 yet?

Tweekerbob

Yep. I am running it on my RT laptop. I had some issues with pa unanticipated host errors, but I think I solved it by reinstalling the oscom RTLSDR package. Other than that it works just as well as other versions of Windows.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Amd 620 quad, gigabyte gm-ma785 board, 8gb, win8 pro, running good. If you know win7...you know win8...just have to look for things.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
If you know win7...you know win8...just have to look for things.

While that may be true, there are MANY issues running Win7 programs on Win 8, and there are MANY issues running devices on Win8 with Win 7 drivers.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I gave up trying to get SDR# running on my Win7 laptop. It runs fine on my Win7 desktop, and I got it to run on my netbook (not good, but it does run), but my i5 Dell has nothing but problems with it. It's about the only thing it has issues with.

I intend to give Win 8, in it's current form, a pass. I don't have a lot of hope that "blue" will fix it's interface from hell either.

Astrak

Yep. I am running it on my RT laptop. I had some issues with pa unanticipated host errors, but I think I solved it by reinstalling the oscom RTLSDR package. Other than that it works just as well as other versions of Windows.

How are you able to run SDR# in Windows RT?

Status
Not open for further replies.